Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jake1501
Reel Rookie

My Tv reset itself and won’t reinstall apps

My Tv reset itself and now when I log in and try to reinstall and update the apps it just stays on 2%

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Tv reset itself and won’t reinstall apps

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jake1501.

Thank you for reaching out regarding this matter. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

As we check, you have multiple devices linked to your account. Could you please specify which device you are having this issue with? 

In this instance, it might be possible that your network connection is unstable thus the delay. Please ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable and performing well. Sometimes, even with a fast internet network connection, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays.

Here's our Support article to help you check your network connection.

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jake1501
Reel Rookie

It’s my living room tv and I also have tried switch internet connections and that doesn’t help 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Jake1501

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We recommend performing a system restart to resolve the issue. Kindly be advised that factory resetting your Roku device removes all channels and needs to be re-activated. For more information on how to factory reset your Roku device, kindly refer to How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jake1501
Reel Rookie

I’ve done that multiple times and it has went into recovery mode and once i do all the steps and have to sign in and install apps it just stays on updating 2of50 channels 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Jake1501 

Have you tried connecting to an alternative network such as other Wi-Fi, connecting directly to ethernet, or a mobile hotspot to see if you're able to download past 2 of the 50 channels?

Also, you can try to not download any apps/channels setting up your Roku TV, then add the channels later when you're done.

Please keep us posted,
All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.