Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWolf1100

My Roku Soundbar Pro keeps turning my TV back on

When I power down my TV and Roku Soundbar Pro with the Roku remote power button, after a few seconds I hear the Roku "blip" sound and then TV powers back on. I was forced to change the settings in the Roku settings menu so that it will not power the tv, but every few seconds the Soundbar Pro makes the "blip" sound which I assume is the problem. 

I have an older Sharp Aquos Quantron. And I just received my SoundBar Pro. I did try restarting the Roku and also checked for the latest updates. I used the included HDMI cable.

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My Roku Soundbar Pro keeps turning my TV back on

@JWolf1100

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vanessaski

I’m having the exact same issue here.

Serial #YL00D3057596

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@vanessaski

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried disabling 1-touch on your remote to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing? In addition, if you remove the batteries from the remote, does the issue still occur?

For more information about how to turn off 1-touch, visit our Support page here: TV switches to a different device

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
yim57
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue, I’ve already disabled the one touch, Chechen for software updates on the Roku and the Samsung TV, reset the TV back to factory specs and restarted the Roku streambar Pro. 

suggestions? 

0 Kudos
yim57
Reel Rookie

Hello?

0 Kudos
yim57
Reel Rookie

Hi the serial number is YL00GU074667

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @yim57,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Has anyone found a fit for this

0 Kudos
B56

Hi. This happens to me when i have a separate dvd player hooked to the tv.  When i disconnect the dvd, the Roku works fine.  I can turn the tv on and off with either remote.  

A second issue is that when i plug the dvd player into the tv, i can’t get audio unless i unplug the roku stream bar.  

I have to ARC ports on this Sony Bravia. 

any ideas will be appreciated.  Thanks 

0 Kudos