Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
channingtidmore
Reel Rookie

My Roku Select Series 43 inch is having issues with back light.

I have a 43 inch Roku Select Series and I have been having issues with what I believe is the backlight. Basically there are vertical beams of light across my screen. They are hard to notices when I am watching youtube etc, but whenever I play games I can see it. If i turn my brightness really low it goes away, but I mean low sub 30 ; I can notice the effect when brightness is on 50. I much rather prefer mid level brightness, so keeping things so dark is awful for me. I contacted Roku and they sent me a new TV and it still has the same problem. I have bought 2 other TVs of similar quality and they did not have the same issues, one of which was a TLC Roku TV and I placed them side by side with the same settings. It was clear that the Roku Select Series has this issue. I have attached photos. Has anyone encountered this problem? What did you do? What can I can I do to fix it? I have tried restarting, unplugging, factory reset etc. 

There is a white pillar of light directly above the avatar and  on the sides.There is a white pillar of light directly above the avatar and on the sides.Pillar of light to the right side of avatar.Pillar of light to the right side of avatar.   

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku Select Series 43 inch is having issues with back light.

Hi @channingtidmore,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us about the display issue you're experiencing with your Roku Select Series TV. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken to try to fix the issue. Don't worry, we are here to help you resolve this.

Please be advised that we will forward your information to the appropriate Roku team for review. In the meantime, we're grateful for your patience and understanding as we work on this. Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
channingtidmore
Reel Rookie

Ok, thank you!

0 Kudos
channingtidmore
Reel Rookie

Just an update, for everyone. I have not received a call from Roku. I did get an email, which I responded to. Unfortunately nothing after that. I figured this would happen since this is the Television that was sent to me to replace my first one. Since the problem persists and I have now experienced it twice I would warn others looking at the 43inch Roku Select Series. Perhaps other models do not share this backlight issue, but from my experience its not good. I am not looking for refund, nor a new television. I just want to one I have to work. I am hoping that there is some update that can be done. I think it is unfortunate that this smaller televisions have so many problems.       

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.