Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Distorted sound suddenly on Streambar

@CaptainTash,

Thanks for the follow-up.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Supyall
Reel Rookie

Re: Muffled music audio on streambar

I first noticed it some time in the past 6 months, not sure exactly when.  One single channel in the DirecTV app playing on the streambar is muffled.  On My other Roku devices that channel is not muffled on that app.  

0 Kudos
JonGeorge
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing the same issues as others who have posted or replied to this issue. I have attempted everything in every post from users or ROKU assistance throughout this post. Nothing has addressed this issue. I am using a 9102R Streambar with software version 13.0.0 build 24056-95. Please let me know what information is needed to proceed.

0 Kudos
cjsalzano
Binge Watcher

I am curious, for those in this group experiencing the muffled sound problem .. about your TV ...

My Roku stream bar is connected to my TV that is a 50-in Sharp Aquos flat screen but it is several years old and does not have the smart HDMI feature that most all newer TVs have I believe it is called ARC or maybe CEC.

This is one reason I bought the stream bar to begin with because without that arc feature it's difficult to use a traditional sound bar because you have to control the sound with the separate remote which isn't very convenient. 

Curious if this has something to do with this problem, do others in this group have newer TVs that have the arc feature? 

0 Kudos
JonGeorge
Reel Rookie

I’m using a 32” Samsung from 2021 that has an HDMI 1 (ARC) and HDMI. The tv also has an optical output and I have tried that as well. Every possible configuration has been attempted and still the issue persists. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @JonGeorge@cjsalzano,

Thanks for the follow up,

We wanted to let you know that this is not the typical experience we expect from our products and that we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Roku Stream bar.

We have sent you a private message to obtain more information and assist you even more. Please check your inbox.

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JonGeorge
Reel Rookie

I responded on August 6 to the private message that was sent to me and I sent the information you requested. Is this issue still in the queue for resolution? One of the questions requested my order number. I have no idea what that is - I purchased the streambar through Amazon. I indicated that in my response. Let me know what else I need to do to resolve this. I’ve really enjoyed my Roku Streambar - the sound is pretty phenomenal, but the issue of not hearing some monologue and dialog is a problem.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@JonGeorge,

Thanks for your reply,

We wanted to let you know that we continue investigating your reported issue and hope to provide you with a more detailed update when additional information is available. Thanks for your continued patience. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CaptainTash
Channel Surfer

Re: Distorted sound suddenly on Streambar

I gave you the requested information weeks ago and yet I am still awaiting a response. 

And meanwhile, there are more issues relating to the unsolicited, automatic download of apps!! 

0 Kudos
Malk
Channel Surfer

So you send info through private message? What can we all not know this information? This is getting pathetic. My Roku soundbar will play all sound muffled then occasionally play the sound right. But it goes back to muffled. This is on EVERYTHING. Every App and even on my ps5. I guess it's time to take my business to another company that cares to help it's customers. My Roku Soundbar is #9102R

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.