Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supyall
Reel Rookie

Re: Muffled music audio on streambar

The bot or whomever trying to provide a canned answer infuriates me more than no answer at all 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Supyall , @cjsalzano,

Could you please let us know when you first noticed the audio becoming muffled on your Streambar? Did this happen after an update, or when you were using version 12.5.5?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Distorted sound suddenly on Streambar

@eskugs,

Please don't forget to check your inbox. We've sent you a private message to provide additional information and assistance.

Thanks,
Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cjsalzano
Binge Watcher

I really don't know ... how would I know that?

I don't remember applying any updates, does the device do it automatically?

can I roll back to an early version as a test?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@cjsalzano,

All Roku TV models and Roku® streaming players are designed to ensure they are always running the latest version of the software. Your Roku device will check to see whether new software is available for download during initial setup and whenever the Roku device is powered on, and then randomly every 24-36 hours. The download and installation are done automatically without ever interrupting your use of the Roku device. Any Roku peripherals, such as Roku wireless speakers or a Roku subwoofer, will automatically be updated alongside your TV or streaming player.

Follow the instructions below to manually check for software and app updates.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates

If new software is available or there are updates for your apps, your Roku device will download and install them automatically. Once the installation is complete, your device will reboot.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cjsalzano
Binge Watcher

Ok, yes, this was part of the advice months ago when this thread started. Check to be sure the cables are secure, restart the device, check to be sure softwares up to date, check to be sure the power's turned on All of these basics have been checked over and over and they're not helping. Is there any actual suggestion that can fix this problem or can Roku send out a new device to those experiencing this problem?

0 Kudos
cjsalzano
Binge Watcher

I just ran the manual software check and it says I'm up to date I am on version 13.0.0 now

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@cjsalzano,

Thanks for the updates,

We just wanted to let you know that we've sent you a private message in your inbox with additional information to help you further.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CaptainTash
Channel Surfer

I haven't received a private message. There is nothing in my inbox.

0 Kudos
CaptainTash
Channel Surfer

@eskugs Nothing this end. I've been told that I was sent a private message but I haven't received anything...which doesn't bode well

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.