Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ilikebread
Reel Rookie

Re: Motion Smoothing out of nowhere

Jump to solution
  • I was lucky enough to return mine. Gave me headaches too. Never again
0 Kudos
TK82
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is absolutely f*#king ridiculous! They clearly have no desire or concern with fixing this problem. I'm pretty sure they're not even acknowledging it as a problem anymore. It's just how it works now. Never mind the fact that people like myself and others have migraine conditions that this really screws with. I can't even look at the TV when it's doing that without getting a headache. What's worse is I have 4 TVs with Roku built in, they all do it and they're all past the return window. And what's even worse than that is that I've enjoyed Roku so much that I purchased all Roku smart lighting and Roku indoor and outdoor cameras, mostly because I like to have everything by one brand so that it seamlessly integrates into one app. Plus the cameras work really well with the Roku built-in app on the TV. All of this stuff is past the return window as well. And on a side note, the indoor Roku camera keeps recording what's going on in my house even though I've turned off the record function many times. It just turns itself back on whenever it feels like it. Complete invasion of privacy. So I have it connected to a manual switch that cuts the power since Roku is peeping Tom's also. Could not be more dissatisfied with what this company has turned into and how poorly they have handled this whole motion smoothing debacle. Obviously I was a great customer, but that will not be the case anymore. Once I replace all this **bleep** they won't get another dime out of me and I hope to God that their market shares are tanking right now. 

FYI there is a workaround so that you can actually watch TV and use your TV if you're stuck with it. The input ports for whatever reason are not affected by the motion smoothing. So get a smart dongle Roku (Roku dongles aren't effected), Amazon, Google, Apple, whatever or Playstation, Xbox, something that streams basically and plug it into an input and you can watch TV without the motion smoothing that way. Yes it's a complete pain in the ass and completely negates the purpose of buying a Roku television and makes spending the additional money for a smart TV as opposed to just a regular TV pointless but it's better than throwing out an expensive TV to go buy another expensive TV prematurely.

pconwell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Roku Team -

This issue is not resolved as the motion blur, motion smoothing, action smoothing, jitter reduction, whatever-you-call-it is still enabled and there is no menu option to disable it.

Should I return my TV and get a different brand? Or will this error be fixed?

0 Kudos
bratface
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

pconwell,

Yes, dump it & buy anything without the Roku OS!!!

pconwell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I ordered a TCL Google TV. I'll be sending back this useless Roku as soon as the replacement arrives.

I'm pretty sad to be moving away from Roku. I've been using Roku for many years with zero problems - but one idiotic design decision and it comes to an end.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.