Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarredduq
Channel Surfer

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

9.4 update is still not available for the 75R615, but it's nice to hear that the 9.4 software may fix the issue.

0 Kudos
MassAwesomeOne
Binge Watcher

Any guesses on when it will roll out for the 615?

0 Kudos
plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

@MassAwesomeOne I have the 65R15.

0 Kudos
MassAwesomeOne
Binge Watcher

Interesting. I have the same TV and no updates are available as of right now. 

0 Kudos

The updates are rolled out over time even within similar / identical models. I'm guessing it's by serial number or build date.

0 Kudos
witchiro

This problem just started for me this week after unplugging the TV to install a new TV stand. TV had been great for months. Completely unwatchable as soon as I wake from sleep. The super bright light and smoothing gives me motion sickness. Doing a system restart or unplugging the TV only works half the time.  I did a factory reset with Internet and the problem came back the next day.

Have resorted to keeping this "smart" TV dumb and without Internet to prevent the software update after factory reset, and using the Chromecast for all content.

Waiting for a new software update...

0 Kudos
Jegyed1
Channel Surfer

ECO MODE

Not sure how Eco mode turns itself on but when I turn that off most of the smoothing goes away. 

0 Kudos
jarredduq
Channel Surfer

9.4 Build 4187-30 just installed on my 75R615.  I'll let you know how it goes....

0 Kudos
jarredduq
Channel Surfer

So far so good. I was having to reboot daily before the update. 

0 Kudos
K-LAWN
Channel Surfer

I can confirm that the new update fixed a bunch of issues for me. Motion smoothing stays off. And my color setting are actually correct now. Before it was overwriting my movie setting. 

Edit: Nevermind, the issue returned. I'm absolutely done with TCL/Roku. Garbage companies. 

0 Kudos