Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PieMan
Binge Watcher

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

I posted this several pages back and not sure if anyone has confirmed using my advise. I have a TCL 65' 615 model that started having the same motion smoothing issues every is mentioning here. I first tried a suggested picture setting reset but the issue came back a few hours later. I then went nuclear and did a full factory reset, not reboot, not picture or setting reset, a full factory reset. Since then, I believe close to 2 months now, the issue has never returned and I do have it connected to internet.

carlosbubba
Channel Surfer

@PieMan 

Yeah I did the same thing and it came back after a power outage oddly enough. I've factory reset again, this time without connecting to the internet, and will see if it comes back. Just trial & error...

0 Kudos
plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

@PieManI’ve already done a factory reset. I’ve reset the cache. I’ve reset the picture settings. I’ve done a hard reset on the set. It doesn’t matter. The issue keeps coming back unless I manually restart the television before I’m about to use it.

If this isn’t fixed when 9.4 comes out, I’m reaching out to Best Buy as I have a Geek Squad warranty and see what I can do about getting a different television.

0 Kudos
NeonPhantom
Channel Surfer

Shhhh.... dont jink it!!!

0 Kudos
PieMan
Binge Watcher

@carlosbubba 

Interesting, I just had a brief power outage a few days ago (had to reset clocks) and didn't bring back the smoothing issue. Guess I'm not going to jinx it like another person said and just be glad it hasn't returned for me. Sorry for the others, its annoying as can be and would have drove me mad by now if it didn't go away. Terrible that TCL/Roku cant get to the bottom of this and fix it by now.

0 Kudos

Same here. Brand new 75 inch 6 series and I can’t get the stupid motion smoothing off. I sure hope we get a firmware fix for this. Using Apple TV 4K set to Dolby Vision. I hate the look of the video now.

0 Kudos
Glaciusss88
Reel Rookie

Just save yourself the Hassel and return it. TCL hasn't fixed this issue for over a year now. I give up. Can't return mine. Not under warranty. 

jeff5347

I'm stuck in the same boat.  Bought my 75 inch 617 over a year ago and can't return it.   Yet now even a factory reset only works for a day maybe.   This SOE is unbearable.   Does anyone know if the 9.4 version will even help this? 

0 Kudos
marcusgibbon
Binge Watcher

Don't get hung up on the 12 month thing. The law clearly states it should last a reasonable amount of time. There is no specific time.

Like TV is designed to last longer than a year, a banana for example   is not.  

0 Kudos
plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

Now we’re cooking with gas.

My 65R15 just updated to 9.4.0, build 4179-30.

The TV Picture Settings UI has been tweaked and with that came a complete reset of the settings I already have established. Due to that, I had to jump from each HDMI setting alongside streaming to ensure my settings were correct for SDR, HDR, and Dolby Vision content alongside locking my Switch and Xbox inputs to Game Mode being enabled. 

That being said, I used Super Mario 35 on my Nintendo Switch to see if Action Smoothing would turn back on after each jump from HDMI input or streaming channel as it’s a game that’s dependent on the lowest amount of input lag possible.

During my stress testing, the set DID NOT revert back to Action Smoothing despite the sheer amount of times I jumped between channels and inputs.

The million dollar question becomes if this is permanent or if the issue will appear again.

0 Kudos