Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing show "The Why Files"

Jump to solution

Yesterday The Why Files was on Roku, today it's gone. Where is it??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Missing show "The Why Files"

Jump to solution

Hi @Squarejanice@Gringeaux,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you have a query about The Why Files. Please be advised that we don't have details as to why the show or channel was removed.

In this case, you'll want to directly contact the channel's support to inquire further about its features and functionality. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Also, you can view why a channel may be removed here.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Gringeaux

Jump to solution

Also disappeared from Freevee and Tubi today as well.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Squarejanice@Gringeaux,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you have a query about The Why Files. Please be advised that we don't have details as to why the show or channel was removed.

In this case, you'll want to directly contact the channel's support to inquire further about its features and functionality. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Also, you can view why a channel may be removed here.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sukastyle

Jump to solution

This is BS! Bring it BACK! Roku says on Google search to add FREEVEE to watch it. It's NOT on there!

sukastyle

Jump to solution

Yep! What?.. did they kill the host and can the show?!

Kevmar2010
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Came here to say the same thing! Couple days ago, Why Files were here. Now they’re gone off Roku, Tubi, and Amazon altogether! Wtf?!?!

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Shows come and go. The fact it also disappeared from other services means it was probably cancelled or pulled by the production company.

There is a web site and YouTube channel, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing:

https://thewhyfiles.com/ 

https://www.youtube.com/thewhyfiles 

0 Kudos
LadyNuman

Jump to solution

Until just now I did not know it was a television series, technically. I have only ever watched it on YouTube. And the episodes are much longer there. So are they the same as the YouTube episodes anyway? Cuz there's a ton of them on his channel! I just wondered if there was a difference between a television series listed on Xfinity as being on Roku than on freebie but it's not anywhere it was removed from all channels including Amazon Prime. Before I ever knew it existed on anything like that and had seasons! Anyway hundreds of Mine YouTube go people and enjoy AJ and Hecks over there! 😁 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It may have been an attempt to expand into a different media. I saw a series on Discovery that was mainly clips from a YouTube channel.

0 Kudos
Kevmar2010
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Haha. Yes the episodes on tv are the same as you tube. The good part is that they had them broken into season and in order!!!! Made it soooo much easier to watch what I wanted to! Heckle Fish would understand! I’m watching on YouTube again, but it just takes a few extra moments to find what I want. That’s it. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.