Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Menu interrupts programming

Jump to solution

Hi @bhpmsu,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience you've encountered on the Direct TV Stream app, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken to try to resolve this issue. Does the issue occur only on the Direct TV Stream app or all the channels installed on your Roku device?

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted on how it goes this time, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bhpmsu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuJechealR 

as far as I know it is only that app with the issue.  I use it the most so that is why it is so annoying when its not working properly. 

I just tried the delete, restart, reinstall.  It did what it has been doing.  It works properly at first and then you exit the app and it is still not providing the typical background sound and video in the background during menu & guide scrolling.  I will try it one more time of delete, restart, reinstall before I reset all the other tvs.

0 Kudos
jmikeh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello Chel.

I followed your instructs to the letter. remove app, restart, install, I then restarted one more time and then logged in to the app. I was then able to hear the audio when going into the guide. However. I then closed the app. restarted my tv again and now the audio is gone when going into the app. So this worked when I initially reinstalled the app and continued to work as long as I did not close the app. any other ideas what is causing this to fail after closing the app after reinstalling?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jmikeh,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing your experience and for the effort in resolving this.

It seems like the issue persists, even after troubleshooting. In this case, we recommend reporting this to the channel support team for additional assistance.

If an issue is isolated to a specific channel platform itself then this needs to be addressed with an update that the channel provider alone manages directly. Roku only holds the channel available on the platform.

You can contact the channel team here: DIRECTV Customer Service & Support

Let us know if they're able to resolve this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmikeh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same experience as you @bhpmsu

works fine after reinstall but as soon as you close and go back in sound is gone.

any luck finding a fix?

0 Kudos
bhpmsu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@jmikehno luck fixing it yet.  I have not gone into the bowels of Direct TV as of yet.  I am hopeful that one day it will miraculously be fixed on their end with an update that happens automatically.  I can only imagine it is a Roku TCL / direct tv issue.  The other Roku sticks on my other tv's work fine.  If I feel like hitting a brick wall I might google it some more and go to DTV stuff.

0 Kudos
jmikeh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have been digging as well. Frustrating but not the end of the world I suppose. Will definitely report back here when it IS fixed. 🙂

0 Kudos
GAStreamer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Dropping this here in case anyone is still having this issue. I had the same experience on a TCL 50 inch TV (Model 50S455) running Software version 12.5.5 * Build 4174CG. I solved the issue by doing a factory reset, after which I logged into my Roku account and allowed the TV to download all of my apps again. A factory reset can be a bit of a pain, but worth it to solve this issue. If this works for you as well, please update the community.

0 Kudos
jmikeh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did the factory reset as suggested but no success in Harneyland. No preview sound on the home menu. Glad I tried though. To clarify. I am connecting to the web via ethernet not wireless. And am connected to a Yamaha audio receiver.

0 Kudos
bhpmsu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried the factory reset on the TV.  It did not fix the issue.  The only other thing I think I could try is to log out of Direct TV Stream and delete the app and then download it again and log back in.  I have little confidence this will work and worried it will not let me log back in or something like that.  It is what it is at this point.  I was hopeful when they updated the app with the new the home/menu it would have fixed it.  It is almost even more frustrating now since the home menu has the show playing while you explore.  It works great on the sticks I have on my inside tv's but not the ROKU tv outside.  I only really watch sports and don't flip much so its not too big of a deal I guess. First world problems.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.