Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KCbus
Reel Rookie

Menu interrupts programming

Jump to solution

I watch TV with DirecTV Stream on a Roku Express.

Previously, while watching TV, either live or DVR, I could access the menu and browse other programming or look at my recording list or search other content... everything you can do with the menu, and the program would continue in the background.  All of a sudden, if I try to access the menu, the program stops.  It won't resume until I leave the menu.  This is particularly annoying when watching live TV, because if I try to browse during commercials, I used to be able to hear the sound and now when the program is back on.

Is this some kind of technical issue, or did a setting get tweaked somehow and I'm unaware of it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Menu interrupts programming

Jump to solution

Hi @jmikeh,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing your experience and for the effort in resolving this.

It seems like the issue persists, even after troubleshooting. In this case, we recommend reporting this to the channel support team for additional assistance.

If an issue is isolated to a specific channel platform itself then this needs to be addressed with an update that the channel provider alone manages directly. Roku only holds the channel available on the platform.

You can contact the channel team here: DIRECTV Customer Service & Support

Let us know if they're able to resolve this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KCbus,

Thank you for contacting the Roku Community!

We are happy to have you here and would like to assist you with the issue you are facing while streaming with the DirectTV Stream channel.

To help you better, could you please provide us with some more information? When did you first notice the issue? Has there been any recent update that could be causing this issue? Also, let us know if you have tried any troubleshooting steps on your end.

Please share these details with us to help us understand the situation better and provide you with a solution.

Thank you,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
just_trying_to_
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Noticed the same thing as of a couple days ago.  Very annoying like many of the issues that seem to increase rather than get better.

0 Kudos
just_trying_to_
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here.  Just started a couple days ago.  Add it to the rest of the bugs and design flaws.  I guess fix one this and break 10 others.

0 Kudos
jmikeh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Also occurring on my TCL roku tv with sound coming out of Yamaha receiver. the last couple of weeks I have noticed this occurring. On my other Roku tv it is not occurring. I am running direct streaming Roku app build 3920130 version 3.36

It would be nice to know why this starting occurring. 

0 Kudos
jmikeh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I removed and reinstalled the direct stream app. but still no sound going to guide or other menus.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @just_trying_to_ @jmikeh,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you had with the Direct TV channel. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmikeh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I checked for updates on the app. there were none. I said earlier that I removed the app and reinstalled it but did not correct the sound issue. When in the guide or my list of recorded programs the currently live channel sounds is muted.

0 Kudos
bhpmsu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having a similar issue on my TCL roku tv.  I have 4 sticks and no issue there.  On the Roku tv when I go to the Direct tv  Stream app there is no sound or show in the background when in the guide or menu.  I have no luck resetting the app or updating it.  I have fixed it when I uninstall it and reinstall it and stay in the app.  However as soon as I exit the app and go back into it the issue with no sound or background images is  back.  This is frustrating for the reasons others have stated.  I cannot understand why it is fine on my inside tvs with the sticks but the built in tv has the issue.  It is annoying as well when I delete and add the app it has to be set back up on my other tvs too.  I am looking forward to a fix.

0 Kudos
just_trying_to_
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here.  No longer works correctly on my TCL Roku.  It is stopping the stream.  Works on stick fine.  Very annoying.  I may go away from Roku and\or TCL.  Can't pause anymore and go look at the guide or my saved programs because when you return, it just restarts the stream so you lose everything from when you paused.  Making this thing near worthless for me.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.