Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zonexero
Roku Guru

Re: Let's Have a User-Friendly Live TV Channel Guide Again

Jump to solution

Yes true, also comes down to there may just be a small percentage of us using OTA on the TV's.  Hopefully a good moderator will see these posts and let the dept in charge of this function/app know something is very wrong.

0 Kudos
Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

About 30 minutes ago it appears the issue was resolved (and I will say for now, as we all know what can happen).  The missing channels have re-appeared.

0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It seems the change was reverted to the prior release state, I see Recents is back and the auto-populating OTA guide is filled normally. 

Yesterday I played with the networking a bit, since I use an Ethernet cable to connect directly to my router, I decided to pull the RJ-45 plug while watching a local TV station and observe the OTA guide.  I got similar results as you'd reported a few messages back: the guide populated more entries when forced to use air signal, and when I plugged the network back in the guide went sparse again. Just to note, I had to hit Home button to exit Live TV and re-enter it to see the guide changes.

At any rate, we'll see what the dev team does next. It's a nuisance to be sure, but not earth shattering as if it was a quake in California.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
Littledragon3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have my cable channels again after scanning for channels but many channels in the guide still say “NO INFORMATION “

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for posting and bringing this to our attention.

We're aware of the situation, and we're looking closely at the issue. The resolution to this is to perform a system restart and a re-scan to your OTA channels. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Power (skip if this sub-menu isn't available) > System Restart. Then, do the re-scan of your channels.

Kindly check to see if you notice any difference, and if the issue persists, kindly let us know so we can further assist you regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi, this thread is a resurrection of a closed thread that was started nearly two years ago when some young programmer suggested changes to the perfectly good Live TV Channel Guide. It was one disaster after another, making the Guide almost unusable. The latest being the addition of the 'Categories' column that made navigation even harder. One category, 'Recents', never populated until just recently. Now when we press the left arrow on the remote to see the Guide, we are directed to the 'Recents' category instead of the channel we were watching. WHY?

This thread was visited by many moderators, each promising a solution. I have seen many users drop out of this discussion because they either got tired of yelling at an empty Roku audience or they abandoned their Roku TV's. Why don't these programmers, who apparently don't know what they're doing, visit this thread and see how these inane changes affect the users?

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@westner Yeah, I recently found this same bug! It messes with me now, that hitting the left arrow no longer just shows the show I'm viewing, but moves the highlighted position all the way to the left, where the menus are! Then if I want to see other channels, or just go to the show I'm on, it takes two more clicks, just to get to where I always used to be! It's crazy, to hit the left arrow, maybe just to see the current time or how much more till the show ends, etc., and instead of just hitting middle button to return to the show, I'm all the way to the left, instead... WTH??

Plus, there's still the incredibly frustrating issue with the Channel Guide showing the time I previously turned off the TV!!!  So instead of seeing all the shows on at 1pm, the current time, I still see shows on at 3am!!  And it stays like that, for sometimes a half-hour or more, before finally showing the accurate time and schedule..... smh

0 Kudos
Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I made the same post on another more visited thread where the last blunder was fixed rather kwik (the channels disappearing issue). I was tolerant at first, but now this lastest bug is driving my buggy.  Leave well enough alone, stop adding stuff no one requests, wants, or needs. Or least offer options to use a “legacy” mode. If this **bleep** is how employees keep their jobs now, what the heck! There comes a point when it works perfect, Whats next? Hmm, lets stuff the inputs and live antenna tv in a folder on thr main screen,  yup that is happening, so much for the concept that made this platform great.

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@StevenCee, there's a quick fix to getting the correct time: go to any antenna channel and wait a few seconds for the correct time to display. You can now return to your streaming channels with the correct time.

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yay! They rolled back their last update where the Guide defaults to 'Recents'. Someone must have noticed what a stupid move that was. I wonder if anyone got a stern talking to? I also noticed they added a new category, 'Recommended', with seven channels.

How long will it be before they return the Guide to when it defaulted to 'Favorites'?

0 Kudos