Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Just got a brand new Roku tv, no option to change themes anywhere

@Gavo  PLEASE REMOVE THE PICTURE. Your IP address is there and MAC. DO NOT post that. You also never answered any of my questions. I take it you bought it at Sam’s Club or BJ’s? Notice how it says support TCL. TCL major TV not Roku. When you unboxed this TV for the first time were you able to get to your home screen without making an account? Are you 100% sure this was a brand new TV in a completely unopened box? Not retaped? Maybe the store mistakenly reboxed a returned TV. Either way return it to Sams or BJ's or exchange it. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

It's a private IP address, and is meaningless outside his specific network. The MAC address is more sensitive than a private IP address, 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Gavo
Channel Surfer

Whoops!  Thanks for catching that, that really slipped by me.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gavo

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with the information we have requested.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gavo 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into the issue.

It's possible that you setup your Roku TV under Store Mode. We would recommend trying to factory reset your Roku TV and when setting up your Roku TV, select Home use instead of Store/Demo.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I know I’m a little late but I was messing with my tv today and decided I wanted to add themes outside of the pre-installed ones and ran into this same issue. I wish there was a way you can do it from the “Settings>Theme” menu as that would make the most sense (imo) but I guess that’s not how it works. For whatever reason, you have to retrieve new themes from the “streaming channels” menu. First, I found a theme I liked on the Roku website, then searched the title of that theme/wallpaper under “search channels”, found the correct search, clicked on it then clicked on “Get Wallpaper”. Hope this helped.

0 Kudos