Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Is private listening available on all Roku TV HDMI inputs?

Jump to solution

Hi @laduerksen

We see that you're having trouble accessing Private Listening. Please give us more details regarding the issue you're having so we can further assist you.

• What are you using to access private listening is it on your mobile app? or Roku Voice Remote Pro?
  • If Mobile App, what version of mobile app are you using?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

With more detailed information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Phonon

Jump to solution

Completely the same issue for me: worked fine for the longest time via my PC over HDMI, for well over a year. Then “boop” - all of a sudden I get the red line of death over the private listening icon in my Roku app. Not sure what gives here. 😳 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Phonon,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the private listening on your Roku mobile app. We're happy to help. Please try to uninstall and reinstall the application.

If the problem persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LittleWolf3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Much like many of the people above, I also was able to private listen while streaming from a bluetooth connected device. Then suddenly I attempt to use it and it gives me a headphone symbol with a line through it, same for HDMI as well. I don't understand what changed as I was able to before no problem and now there is issues. Since my remote doesn't have private listening, I use the app (Android) for my RCA Roku TV. I have unplugged and re-plugged the tv, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, turned off bluetooth and turned it back on, etc. The only thing I can be left to assume is that this is a new software update (version 12.5.0, updated on 10/24/23). If someone could please help, that would be wonderful!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @LittleWolf3.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Kindly try to connect your Roku mobile app to another smartphone device and connect your headphones via Bluetooth to see if the issue will still occur. If it does, try other headphones just to make sure.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LittleWolf3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly Thank you for the welcome 🙂
I attempted to use two different devices and multiple different bluetooth headphones, unfortunately still no luck. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know, @LittleWolf3.

Just to clarify, are you connecting your headphones via Bluetooth on the Roku mobile app? In addition, may we know what model is your phone as well as the headphones used? 

We'll be waiting for your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LittleWolf3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly 

Correct, I am using the roku mobile app with my bluetooth headphones. The model of phone is a Samsung and the Headphones are Sony. 

Thank you for your time!

0 Kudos