Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chels999

I have a TCL Roku Tv and every time I try to power on it doesn't get past the red logo screen

My TCL Roku TV keeps turning off and on every time I power it on. I turn it on and it shows the red logo screen then turns off then turns back on , on its own. It repeatedly does this. I've tried unplugging it for 5-10 minutes, also tried holding the power button on the TV for 60 seconds while unplugged , as I read that was a possible solution, but it still keeps doing it. 

1000007865.jpg

This is as far as it gets.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have a TCL Roku Tv and every time I try to power on it doesn't get past the red logo screen

@Chels999 

Only real option for you is to attempt a Factory Reset.  Press and hold in the Reset button for about 30 seconds or so.  (the reset button is near the hdmi ports on the right hand side of TV).

**Make sure you have a working physical Roku remote before performing the Factory Reset or you won't be able to proceed through setup and activation.

When it gets stuck like this, you may have to perform this procedure a few times.  If it still doesn't work, usually indicates a main-board issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Re: I have a TCL Roku Tv and every time I try to power on it doesn't get past the red logo screen

Mine is doing the same thing. Tv is a year old. I’ve factory reset it a few times. Kept it unplugged for days. Held power button, etc. is my tv junk???? I hate to toss it if it’s fixable 

0 Kudos

Mine just started doing this tonight. I can reset and it goes to recovery mode, claims to download an update and goes back to switching off and on again. It goes red screen with logo, the white light on the bottom flashes, screen goes black like it turned off and then back to logo screen while the light flashes.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.