Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to resolve the issue of Roku TV not displaying antenna channels in live TV?

Jump to solution

@1R, "on my Roku" is a little ambiguous.  Only Roku TVs (actual TVs) have an antenna input.  An antenna is an antenna.  "HDTV antenna" is marketing speak.  In most regions OTA broadcasts have mostly moved to the UHF band with some in the high-VHF band (old channels 7 to 13).  The number of a channel no longer corresponds to its RF frequency.  Your local channel 4 could be transmitting on what was your old UHF channel 23's frequency.  Any decent VHF/UHF antenna will work whether it states "HDTV" on the packaging or not.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bmull
Reel Rookie

Re: How to resolve the issue of Roku TV not displaying antenna channels in live TV?

Jump to solution

Without all the gobbly **bleep** jargon, there's no difference.  Hook up the antenna and "scan for channels". Choose antenna, not cable, and the tuner in the Roku TV will find all the OTA (over the  air) broadcast channels your antenna can pick up.    However, if you choose to "display streaming channels" in the Roku settings menu, then the Antenna Channels you just scanned for might not show up - this is what's been happening to a lot of users. 

It's funny that my other 2 Smart TV's that are NOT Roku, do not have this problem and list the streaming channels after the complete listing of OTA channels.  No switcheroos or problems displaying either type together.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.