Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abd56ullah

How to resolve the issue of Roku TV not displaying antenna channels in live TV?

Jump to solution

Please guide me step by step in simple words on this and also display these apps WhatsApp plus, Freecine APK, and Zoroto app.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to resolve the issue of Roku TV not displaying antenna channels in live TV?

Jump to solution

Hi, @Abd56ullah

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post regarding your Roku TV, where you mentioned that you are inquiring about guidance to display the antenna channels in Live TV. 

Depending on where you live, you may be able to receive free “over-the-air” TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna. This is an easy way to watch TV on your Roku TV system if you know how to connect. You can refer to Antenna Web for more information on accessing “over-the-air” TV in your area, and finding and using an HDTV antenna.

To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Live TV input of your TV.

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your TV
  2. Press Home on your Roku remote
  3. Select Live TV
  4. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete setup
  • Note: If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.

Once all of these steps are followed, you can setup to only see the over the air channels on the Live TV. Follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select TV inputs
  4. Select Live TV
  5. Select Hide streaming TV channels
  6. Check the box next to Hide all

When you want to see information for streaming TV channels in the Live TV Channel Guide again, repeat the steps and uncheck the box.

We hope you find this information useful, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to resolve the issue of Roku TV not displaying antenna channels in live TV?

Jump to solution

Hi, @Abd56ullah

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post regarding your Roku TV, where you mentioned that you are inquiring about guidance to display the antenna channels in Live TV. 

Depending on where you live, you may be able to receive free “over-the-air” TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna. This is an easy way to watch TV on your Roku TV system if you know how to connect. You can refer to Antenna Web for more information on accessing “over-the-air” TV in your area, and finding and using an HDTV antenna.

To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Live TV input of your TV.

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your TV
  2. Press Home on your Roku remote
  3. Select Live TV
  4. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete setup
  • Note: If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.

Once all of these steps are followed, you can setup to only see the over the air channels on the Live TV. Follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select TV inputs
  4. Select Live TV
  5. Select Hide streaming TV channels
  6. Check the box next to Hide all

When you want to see information for streaming TV channels in the Live TV Channel Guide again, repeat the steps and uncheck the box.

We hope you find this information useful, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robin8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue. I added the Roku soundbar. Now I cannot access the local channels. And I'm not getting the "TV Inputs" selection to do so. That's all I need. Where did it go? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Robin8, I answered you in another thread, but basically use your TV's remote (not the Streambar's remote) to access TV Inputs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.