Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio in Spanish on Cable TV

My husband purchased a Onn Roku tv recently. I have been trying to use it to watch our local cable (not to be confused with the Roku live tv) but 3 of the channels are in Spanish that shouldn't be! More specific, the shows and movies are in Spanish but commercials are in English. This is happening on the channels Disney, FXX, and Cartoon Network. I tried restarting the tv and I made sure the captions preferred language is English. WTF is going on! If this isn't fixed, we are going to return the tv. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Audio in Spanish on Cable TV

What app are you using to watch cable? You need to check it's settings to see if you have enabled alternate audio settings. Forcing to "English" doesn't always work. You may need to make sure to use "default" so it uses the primary audio channel.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Audio in Spanish on Cable TV

To add, if you are using a separate cable box connected via HDMI, then you need to check the settings on that cable box.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.