Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merotda

How to keep my roku tv from shutting off after a few hours?

I like to run my roku tv At night for the background noise, but no matter what I do it always shuts off after so many hours. I've tried going to auto power savings in settings and have both the "reduce power after 15 minutes" and "turn off after 4 hours" options off, however it still always shuts off anyways. Could it be the app I'm using? I use youtube, but I don't want an actual show playing, I just use a white noise video etc. Lmk any suggestions/if I'm missing something.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kolly

How to keep my roku tv from shutting off after a few hours?

Hello,

I like to run my roku tv At night for the background noise, but no matter what I do it always shuts off after so many hours. I've tried going to auto power savings in settings and have both the "reduce power after 15 minutes" and "turn off after 4 hours" options off, however it still always shuts off anyways. Could it be the app I'm using? I use youtube, but I don't want an actual show playing, I just use a white noise video etc. Lmk any suggestions/if I'm missing something.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to keep my roku tv from shutting off after a few hours?

Welcome to the Roku Community, @merotda, @kolly!

Thank you for reaching out. I'd be happy to provide further information about your Roku TV turning off after hours. 

If your device is streaming for four hours where no commands are received from your Roku remote or the mobile app, the Roku platform interprets this as inactivity on your Roku device. After those four hours, your Roku device will display a prompt asking you to confirm that you are still watching.

If you have already disabled this, it may be possible that the app itself has this particular feature. Have you tried reaching out to YouTube Support for further clarification? If not, we highly suggest so.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.