Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to fix TV that keeps turning on by itself

Jump to solution

I removed the batteries from the Roku remote and used the Roku App.

0 Kudos
InductiveBill
Reel Rookie

Re: Tv keeps turning on by itself

Jump to solution

Model: 3810X

Serial YH00DP404408 (231398D404408)

Software 11.5.0 build 4235-50

ISsue ID 08-470-347

bjkaufman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I was up all night turning off the TV because about every 10 - 15 minutes it would turn back on.  I've tried all the solutions recommended in this discussion.  Updating software, restarting Roku.  Unplugging Roku and TV.  Nothing works.  This just started about a week ago.

Roku Streaming Stick+  3810X

SN: YH005U491830

Software Ver: 11.50 . build 4235-50

ID: 30-472-441

laosanjie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had this problem since day 1, now I found that if it happens again, just unplug the TV plug, WAIT for 10 minutes then plug in again, this will resolve the problem for one week or longer, no hope to fix this problem forever.

0 Kudos
bjkaufman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I keep reading all the responses from you Roku Employees from customers who are all having the same problems for the past couple of years but have not seen any kind of solution to the problem.

0 Kudos
Rubberneck

Jump to solution

This just started happening to my tv too, as of yesterday. I have had the same tv, same Roku and same remotes for 2 years and it just started now. Roku tech better get this fixed, I'm not dealing with some BS like unplugging my tv or removing batteries from remotes, this is probably a bug from a recent update and you need to fix it now, or pay my electricity bill for all these times my tv is on when im not watching it.

nyc79
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm not having this problem with a Roku TV, but with a Roku Streaming Stick that's in our living room. I don't remember when this started (but I think just recently), but it's really annoying & wasting energy/electricity. 

Oddly enough, my mom has a Roku Streaming Stick in her bedroom & I have a Roku Premiere Plus in mine, but they don't do that. Only the Roku stick in the living room. We don't use the Roku app.

I'm wondering if it's either because the TV in the living room is also a Samsung Smart TV & is somehow interfering? Or maybe because I have the Roku screensaver to turn on after 5 minutes of inactivity? 

Also, wanted to note that the living room TV is turned off using the red On/Off button on the Roku remote, & not the TV remote. 

0 Kudos
InductiveBill
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That’s it! I disabled the screensaver and it stays off!

pscummings

Jump to solution

I'll try this tonight - we were up all night with the TV coming back on in the bedroom. Wow... crazy

0 Kudos
cambriahermit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue. I do not have the app on my phone, used the sleep timer and it shut off fine, only to pop on MANY TIMES during the night. Super annoying. I did a reset to factory settings, unplugged it for 15 minutes, checked every option listed on this forum and it is still doing it. SO ANNOYING! I have the TCL 55 inch series 4 TV.