Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goldenphat

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

Same issue & no help from TCL! 55 inch Roku tv went black everything works but no picture. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Goldenphat

Thanks for the post.

Customers experiencing the same issue have reported that unplugging their TV for 10-15 minutes then powering it back on resolved their issue. Have you tried that to see if it helps what you are seeing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Do a network reset and the picture will come back.

0 Kudos
Donmikes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It says unplugged the TV. Then hold the power button for 15 seconds. Then turn the tv back on….does that mean plug the t/v back in??

0 Kudos
Donmikes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sweet. Seems from experience and from what everyone else is saying, is that the television only last two years before the LED backlight goes out.  Because I’ve had mine two years almost to the date and the screen is black. Sound still on. I tried the recommended steps over and over again. Unplug and plug back in. I literally moved into my house two years ago in august and bought this t.V. To anyone else who has fallen victim to this **bleep** product and is now reading this, leave here with this knowledge. THEY ARE ONLY GOOD FOR TWO YEARS! Invest in another product.                         Never again ROKU. Never again. 

0 Kudos
Shikys90
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Warranty ends after two years! That’s why nobody can help you when you call to complain. 
-imagine doing all this “problem solutions” just so you can watch tv for 3-4 days then it goes black again. *beep* 🤬  

-what a disappointment from both Roku & TCL-

yall can *beep*beep*beep* 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Has anyone come up with a fix? I have a TCL 75S423 and TCL 55S423. The 55 inch I have had for a long time with no issues (knock on wood). The 75 inch I bought as a floor model from Costco before they stopped selling TCL. The display went out once before a year ago and I had been able to temporarily fix it using the reset method on the remote (home 5 times....etc.). It is under warranty still through Costco but the Costco Concierge keeps bs'ing me around and having me jump through hoops. After almost a month of back and forth they told me that it wasn't feasible to have it repaired even though it was still under warranty.

Has anyone successfully been able to fix this be it through a third party repair service or any of the advised troubleshooting steps? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @TheJackBurton

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can contact TCL Support here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
deirdcor58

Jump to solution

I brought my 75" TLC Roku TV last August 2020 and yesterday screen went black but could hear volume in the background, I tried calling Roku and TCL  to problem solve the issue nothing helped I brought the TV from Walmart and did not get an extended warranty I have never had problems with TV's before this is horrible NEVER again will I get a TLC ROKU nor will I recommend it to anyone I know. I work at a major University and I am seeking a petition to help avoid others from making the same mistake this is ridiculous, People work hard for their things. Very disappointed  

0 Kudos
JustinTiz

Jump to solution

I have the TCL 55 inch model. My set still functioned just without backlight. I am lucky enough to be mechanically inclined and have a degree in design engineering. I researched this issue and bought the lcd/led strips online and completely deconstructed my tv down to the steps and replaced all of them. Before putting everything back together I tested the backlighting and to my surprise, it still does not function properly. It may be a power supply issue or just the tv has officially welcomed death into its hardware.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.