Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Griz1bell

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

My tv is less than a year old.  I've emailed tcl receipt and picture of black screen.  They say they will get back to me 24 to 48 hours.  Its been a week.  They now want a picture "of the tv on".  Can't do that with a black screen.  There's a red line at the top that shows up for about 2 seconds.  I have been calling and e-mailing tcl every day with no luck.

0 Kudos
AUser1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am not sure if this has been said, but I have had the exact same issue with my TCL 6 Series 65" TV and it is related to the fast start option.  If I have this enabled and I turn the TV off with the remote wait a bit and turn it back on, the LCD turns on, but the backlight does not.  if you are in a dim room and the light is just right you can see that the screen actually has the image on it, but it is not backlit.  removing power and plugging back in fixes this until the next time you shut it off with the remote.  Disabling the fast start option in settings >power makes the screen work properly and fixes this issue.  I would like Fast start to work so that the screen can be controlled via my smart devices, but neither Roku nor TCL seem to be fixing this.  

0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@AUser1 You are saying unplugging the television for a bit made the screen work again? If that is true you are the only one that has worked for. 

0 Kudos
AUser1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@12thman1979 Yes, physically unplugging the tv from power and plugging it back in causes it to restart which has got the back light working again for me, I then had to disable fast start in the power settings to get the issue to stop completely.  I guess my issue is something different than what you are experiencing.  I know my issue is fixable with firmware because there was a period of time after this started happening that I was able to use fast start after an update and one day it stopped.  I checked and my tv had updated that day so every so often I test to see if this issue has been fixed after I notice an update has happened for the tv.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My tv has progressively gotten worse, turned black a couple times and then unplugging and plugging back in worked. Now, you plug it in and it works and then turns black almost instantly no matter what I’m doing. I’ve given up, many times going back-and-forth, back-and-forth trying to get it to stay on and it just shuts off again. This is total BS, the TV is new and now unusable. Sounds like no support is being offered. What a mess! Sorry folks, we’re in the same boat and I too, will NEVER buy TCL again. Upsetting to say the least - what a waste of money. #tcltv #tcl #roku #blackscreentclroku #nosupportTCL #tclcustomersangry 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@chelseafromaz

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Drewker

Re: Roku Tv Black Screen With Sound

Jump to solution

Both Roku and TCL driving the nails into their own coffins playing the game of cat and mouse with their customers. Any company that has its name affiliated to a product with millions of disgruntled customer but shift blame to their manufacturing partner or software supplier will definitely fail in a few years. Your brand is your company a tarnished name may never be restored. Shifting blame instead of working out the issue to ease your customers pain isnt a smart move. Whether its hardware( TCL) or software(ROku) both parties should see this as a fiasco that must be addressed. I for one will never buy another Roku product or a TCL product; That's the same sentiment millions of disgruntled customer have! IBM, Nokia, Motorola, Compaq, Kodak, Polaroid,. Roku and TCL...

0 Kudos
FredUP

Jump to solution

I wish that I would have known this 15 months ago. Now I'm stuck with a 65 inch black screen TV that I paid close to $500 for. This product is garbage. I called TCL tech support twice- useless. Basically I have to take it to a repair shop and pay for repair. I'm, really, really, really disappointed in this product and service. I will never buy another Roku sponsored TV. A brand new TV shouldn't malfunction after 15 months. What a shame- Unbelievable!

Jump to solution

I have two TCL's with this issue.  One is completely blank after 10 months.  Tried every fix recommended at this site and on the web.  Second one cannot be turned off. If we turn it off accidentally, we have to unplug for 30 seconds and then plug back in and it reboots. What a bunch of **bleep**.   No more for me after the other TV dies. ROKU made a bad deal with TCL. Will switch to something else in the future.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Bittersweet

We apologize for the experience – this is not what we aim for. 

Since this may be related to hardware issues, we would recommend following @RokuDanny-R's suggestion above. The TV manufacturer is the best one to help you with this matter. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.