Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abidam

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

My TCL Tv have been in this same mode for over a week now, I have done all that was suggested here but no positive result. WHat is next? Kindly Advise.

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Abidam , Roku hasn't even acknowledged a problem exists. Best thing you can do is get on all the retail sites to review Roku TVs. (At least others will know what they're getting into.). File a complaint with the FTC. Also your state AG (if they don't handle this, they'll know a state agency that does). And, the BBB wouldn't hurt either.

Roku needs to be held accountable.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
Ussieg

Jump to solution

I've had same problem. No solution I've found works. After repeatedly unplugging and plugging back in for about a month I gave up hope. Then it started back as if nothing happened. Worked great for about a month and now is back being stuck in recovery mode.

Anna8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I suggest to open a warranty case, what I did. You need a proof of purchase. Now I wait for a unit replacement- upgrade to newer model. They tried to fix it first but it did not help. I was patient and called them one more time. This is a software issue- all recommended troubleshootings  will not help.

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Ussieg wrote: Worked great for about a month and now is back being stuck in recovery mode.

If you can get it back to working again, I would do a factory reset & tell it you have no internet. This will install a minimal/older(?) version of the software which seems less problematic. Maybe you won't have the problem again. (Just remember that you can never connect it to the internet again. Use an inexpensive external streaming stick to watch streaming content through HDMI.).

However, the way it took a month to return, it sounds like you have hardware on the verge of failing. It's possible something about the software exacerbates that. Maybe minimal software (the non-network factory reset) would make a difference. I'd try it if it ever comes back again.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
darxjedi85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I'm having the exact same problem. I have tried every fix suggested and it keeps going back to the recovery mode screen. I was in the middle of watching a show, it kicked me to the main menu, I tried to launch Disney plus and it just kept bringing me back to the menu. So I went into settings and restarted the tv(I've had to do this several times and it's always worked) then it brought me to this recovery screen. I've tried updating through wifi and through usb, and after every restart, it brings me back to the recovery screen

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @darxjedi85.

Thanks for the posts.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot issues with Recovery Mode on our Support page: How do I use Recovery Mode on my Roku TV™? If the issue still persists, we suggest contacting your Roku TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Cottonjenney
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@rileybutton @Lemons2lemonad 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us with a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your Roku TV to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating your TV. Then once your TV has been updated, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Having the same issue, tried to reply with screen shots however it looks as though your IT guy's did not make that possible. Would let LOVE a real answer to this issue.

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Cottonjenney wrote: Would LOVE a real answer to this issue.

In a nutshell, I think that's what's frustrating owning a Roku TV. It's like there's no sincere, good faith effort to support it. Updates aren't tested. When things like this are reported, Roku dismisses it. When the same problem is reported for the hundreth time, they act like it's the first time they've heard of it (which could be due to no formal bug tracking, which they don't want either.).

It's not like an honest, informative dialogue. It's more like a front. Going through the motions with no intention of fixing anything. Every problem report is like this. So, if there is a credible effort to fix this bug, you'd never know it. You could waste years like the mac-addr all zeroes people have. Or, this time could be different. You don't know.

To me, that's abusive. It's like gaslighting customers. Encouraging loyalty and investment when there's zero respect for such customer sentiment. If they just said "tough luck" you could move on, knowing how it is. Instead, "well, maybe... this time... they sound nice..."

0 Kudos
UNIQUE1CLIFF
Channel Surfer

TV STUCK IN RECOVERY MODE

Jump to solution

https://youtu.be/B1InbuOHZDI With all do Respect many people have been having this issue with these tvs, please watch video for help just click the link.. If Link don't work look up Cliff Wilkes on YouTube