Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bonjrad
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Roku TCL TV that's stuck on recovery mode screen

Jump to solution

Multiple times I have followed directions to reset the Hisense Roku tv.  I have also unplugged the power and waited 5 minutes before starting up again.  TV goes as far as Language page.  The remote will not move anything.  I cannot even turn the tv on or off.  I have replaced the batteries and pressed the reset on the remote multiple times.  Remote will absolutely not work.  Need to know if my remote is dead and I need a new one or is the whole tv broken?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bonjrad,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

In this case, please contact your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach Hisense TV support here 

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Robds1989

Jump to solution

I tried everything you said and I still keep having the same issue.

Robds1989

Jump to solution

I have tried everything. Holding the reset button for 60 second. Unplugging the TV for a few hours. Holding the power button for 10 seconds. Resetting my router. Nothing is working. And my warranty is out of date now as well but this issue just started a few months ago and now it's gotten worse.

jpadanil
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Try pressing the reset button 6-7 times real fast and then hold it for about 10 seconds the last time and see if that helps it get out of recovery mode.

That worked for me after trying everything else.

Also, I also disconnected my HDMI cable from my receiver to the HDMI ARC output.  I have a feeling that had something to do with my issue.

0 Kudos
tiltv4
Reel Rookie

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

I am so tired of this TV. It isn't even a year old and recovery mode has been a constant pain in our household. It never ends with this TV. Never again will TCL be found in any houses we have.

Knc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As long as your proof of purchase meets their specific requirements TCL will fix your tv. Unfortunately if you bought your tv on a lease through best buy then the proof of purchase they email you is not good enough for TCL and then if thats the case you are out of luck, time and money as am I.

0 Kudos
Tmckellop

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. The update is complete but it keeps going back to the recovery mode after about 5 mins. Support was absolutely no help at all. 

i did see somewhere that it could be not getting enough power but not sure what that exactly means. Sure seems like there should be a solution. The factory reset is not the fix

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tmckellop

Thanks for the post.

For more information about your Roku TV stuck in Recovery Mode, visit our Support page here: How do I use Recovery Mode on my Roku TV?

If the issue persists, we'd suggest you contact the TV manufacturer to see other options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

#riley utton

@rileybutton@rileybutton@rileybutton