Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert1021
Streaming Star

Re: Problem With Alexa + Roku TV

Jump to solution

The funcationality of roku using Alexa actually sucks.  Other thena turning on and off, and maybe getting to a few apps - there is zero functionality.  Cant scroll down or up, left or right, etc etc etc.  How can TCL and other tv mfgs using roku and or Roku say its compatible with Alexa when it only gives you a few options.  Awful.

0 Kudos
unovana
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Lol, I would pretty much agree when using apps which is what I mainly do. Alexa can find channels on attenae and movies searching all the apps. I also use it for volume and pause.

0 Kudos
brennamp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i'm looking at getting a roku device with voice activated remote. Does the remote with voice controls require alexa?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@brennamp

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to use Alex with a Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I use Amazon Alexa to control my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robert1021
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Ivew already read numoerous articles on Alexa and ROKU - you have little to no functionality.  Its ROKU's issue not Aleaxa - Alexa works fine with google and amazon (not surprised)  you have zero functionality to scroll up and down  left or right etc etc etc.  Roku needs to get its act together if it wants to compete.  I should have bought a goodle TV not roku tv.

Cheeseman

0 Kudos
Robert1021
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

go with a google - better funcationality with alexa.  Roku too many issues - current issue is the voice function doesnt work and after one month roku still hasnt fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
brennamp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Using the 2 together was not my question. My question was can the voice remote WITHOUT the Alexa

0 Kudos
Robert1021
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

you can - however their is a current issue whre they sent an update and the voice remote doesnt work correctly.

0 Kudos
perksutica

Jump to solution

I did that and it still does not work. It worked for two years until I lost power. Then I reset the Tv to factory setting because You Tube would not work. Now Roku will not work with Echo Dot.

0 Kudos
JamRok876

Jump to solution

I'm having similar issues with my new tv, but haven't been able to use any of these features. THINKING is displayed briefly, and then nothing happens.

0 Kudos