Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Alexa not controlling my Roku TV

Jump to solution

@NJM1

Thanks for the post.

can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

my echo dot does not turn on my TCL Roku TV with alexa voice command.  it works when I have the TV already on and I can turn it off with voice command, but after a few minutes of it sitting off and me trying voice command to turn back on, it wont work

PLEASE PROVIDE A SOFTWARE UPDATE TO FIX THIS BUG!

Details:

Roku TV 7105X

TCL Model 55S405

Serial Number YN00UM510941

Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-30

Device ID 9T500U510941

0 Kudos
Boom

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa

Jump to solution

Mine just did this **bleep** 2 hours ago I was told to reconnect like people said can't even do that when I disabled it it took the app off my Amazon Alexa and I no longer can get it back on it says the same thing your saying I'm so irritated I'm using model 55S423  serial number YN00XV481924 got upgraded to software version 11 ...10 was working fine guess they made it so my TV won't work with Alexa now took me ages to get it to work to start with and then I was only able to turn it on off and open Netflix or Spotify...that was good enough 

0 Kudos
plokert

Jump to solution

I am still having an issue with the roku "skill" in alexa not working.  The error states:

"Unable to link Roku with Alexa.    We are experiencing a problem connecting with the skill to link

your account.

You can try linking your account again by visiting the roku skill page."

I did nothing to cause the skill to stop working. It did this on it's own.  Amazon told me they have had several requests for a fix.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

It's possible there was an issue during this period that you reported experiencing this behavior. We believe that this issue has now been resolved. We would recommend seeing if you are still experiencing an issue and keeping us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
E-rider
Reel Rookie

Re: Problem With Alexa + Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi Danny. Still can't change channels using Alexa. She responds saying she is changing the channel but the screen comes up saying "Sorry, something went wrong.... " . Turning off/on & volume control/mute work fine.

Here is my device information: 

Roku TV: 8612X
Sanyo Model: FW50R48FC
Serial Number: YK00A3563818
Software Version: 11.0.0  build 4193-64

Tried to access the track I'd as you asked, but could not get that information to show.

We've tried uninstalling & reinstalling the Alexa skill & reestablishing the Alexa/Roku account link.

Hope this helps to track down the issue preventing this feature to work properly. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@E-rider

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mbryanr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

TV: Model 43S455

Well, after forgetting skill the 3rd time it works. 

0 Kudos
noderay
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When is this going to be fixed? I've been trying for months now. 

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Issue ID: N3-323-782

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@noderay

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos