Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cain38

How to change plan under new Max service

I would like to upgrade my HBOMAX, now MAX, subscription from my current plan to the ad free 4K Dolby Atmos plan, but I cannot find any way to do this on the Roku app on my television or on the website on my desktop computer. Does anybody have any idea how to do this or if this is even an option? Do I need to cancel and then start over again?

3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to change plan under new Max service

Hi @cain38,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to assist you with this. Note that some streaming subscriptions give you the option to upgrade or change your plan.

Here are the available options:

• If your subscription to MAX is billed through Roku Pay, then you may be able to change or upgrade your subscription under my.roku.com and select Manage Subscription.
  • If you have subscriptions to streaming services that are not managed or billed through Roku, such as Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV, Prime Video, or others, you need to contact the service provider directly to upgrade or change your subscription. You can reach MAX support here.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can assist you further. Thank you!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dl_crum

I'm looking for information on the same topic. I am billed for Max through Roku. When I go to manage my subscription, there is no option to upgrade it. My only option is to cancel it. I'd prefer to upgrade through Roku so I don't have to go through the setup process all over again. Is that an option through Roku? 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RokuERey, @cain38 is a bot reposting verbatim from reddit simply to add the spam links in its signature.  Links in signatures shouldn't be allowed at all, but especially for level 1 users.  You moderators really need to learn a thing or two about spambots if you ever want to stop it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos