Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to remove streaming channels from my Live tv channel

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you wish to only show over-the-air TV listings in the guide, you hide all the streaming TV channels from the Live TV Channel Guide using the steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select TV inputs, followed by Live TV.
  4. Select Hide streaming TV channels.
  5. Check the box next to Hide all.

For more information about TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Geezer70

How do I hide SOME of the Roku streaming channels on the "Live TV" channel guide??

Jump to solution

How do I hide SOME of the Roku streaming channels on the "Live TV" channel guide??

PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME TO USE THE “HIDE ALL” FUNCTION.  I do NOT want to hide all.

I only want to hide the channels I will never watch.

??????

Remove streaming channels from live TV

Jump to solution

Remove the live TV channel and add it back to see the option to remove streaming channels.  Apparently the option to remove the streaming channels was not included in the original live TV option and you must install the new version to see this option.

Many of the posts on this topic have gone unanswered or the answer did not fully satisfy the user (paying customer).  I hope my solve is helpful.

Antenna now includes Streaming channels -- Can I hide only SOME?

Jump to solution

Just recently, my mom was streaming from channel 2 to 54, which used to be a fairly short trip. Now, there are channels in the 1000s!!! With the antenna channels, there is an option to SELECT which channels to hide. The only option in that menu was to hide ALL the streaming channels... Actually, some of them look pretty tempting, but if ROKU forces a choice between some and none, I will likely choose none.

So, is there a way to select which channels to include?
If not, is ROKU going to add one?

Verity

Re: How do I remove Roku tv channels from my OTA guide

Jump to solution

I guess I am an anomaly.  I like the new channel line up.  More channels without the price of cable. 

dud

Jump to solution

TV guide and channel navigation is SO SLOW after this update. Please fix!

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Verity wrote:

I guess I am an anomaly.  I like the new channel line up.  More channels without the price of cable. 

I agree. I don't think the problem is the additional channels. How do you feel about changing from channel 38 to channel 647?

Mine changes rather slowly, waiting for the picture to appear before moving to the next channel.

Even worse, now I have to press the up button & release (press again to change another channel). I can't hold it down for continuous changing.

Even worse, there's a slew of channels I'll never watch which I have to slowly bump past one-button-press at a time as I change between my two favorites (38 & 647). I can't hide those.

Even worse, since I know I'm only ever going to view 38 & 647, a common-everywhere "favorites" feature would be nice. But, Roku removed that (probably because they make "impression" money from me landing on the few hundred channels between 38 & 647 when I spend 30 minutes changing from one favorite to another.).

Even worse, everyone was pleading for a remote with numeric keypad years back when we had a paltry 60 channels to navigate. Clearly that would be even less helpful to customers today, according to Roku.

This is like water. Roku gave us a larger, prettier lake. But, we're still in a row boat which makes it harder to use the lake. And, they took our oars away!

It's absolutely nuts. I swear, if someone told me this story some day in the future, I would not believe it. I'd think they're disgruntled, grinding an ax. There's no way a business could possibly treat its customers this way. It's not believable. I absolutely would not believe any of this (let alone *all* of it) if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
bachphi
Reel Rookie

Re: How do I hide SOME of the Roku streaming channels on the "Live TV" channel guide??

Jump to solution

Is there a solution to this question?

If not, ROKU engineers please give us this option ASAP. Thanks.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I hide SOME of the Roku streaming channels on the "Live TV" channel guide??

Jump to solution

@bachphi wrote:

At this time, the streaming channel listings are all or nothing. You can move through the channel grid faster using the << and >> buttons to move a full page at a time. But it would be nice if Roku added the ability to show/hide individual channels from the grid the same as OTA channels.

It's possible that whomever Roku contracts with for these channels (Pluto is the likely source) doesn't permit it to happen. If their contract says so, this is all they can offer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@bachphi wrote:

It's possible that whomever Roku contracts with for these channels (Pluto is the likely source) doesn't permit it to happen. If their contract says so, this is all they can offer. 

That's a good point. But, why merge them in with antenna tv when a Pluto streamig channel/tile already exists? Or, why remove the ability to create a subset of channels (favorites)? Would Pluto view that as violating their terms too? If so, that just begs the question even more: why add them in the first place (except that Roku stands to share carriage fees, and that's more important than customers who just want to watch antenna tv)?

I'm not trying to deny the possibility all of that is true. But, it starts to look like a very bad idea, not merely business reality.

1000 channels you can't individually hide would be usable with a numeric remote. But, Roku's ignored a landslide of customer requests for that (for years). And then, the recent continuous channel-change was turned into a "onesy-daisy, twosy-daisy, I have all day to change channels" (a single channel change per button press) behavior. It's like some kind of harmonic convergence of bad ideas. I can't imagine anyone at Roku watching this trainwreck develop and saying "That's how Pluto wants it. What can I do?" At some point wouldn't the grown ups stand up and say "let's keep it in its own tile. Nobody's going to use it this way?"

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.