Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FazeMatrix
Reel Rookie

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

@murphysantos wrote:

Some additional info:

Roku TV: C227X

SW: 9.3.0 Build 4182-94

TV: HiSense 70R6270F

I’ve only had the TV for two weeks and noticed 5 days ago. The kids may have noticed sooner but didn’t mention anything.  Doesn’t seem to be an issue on HDMI connected devices as the line does not get reproduced when using XBOX One or a FireTV 4K.  Nor is it an issue on the menu screens.  It seems to only happen randomly more often than not with any streaming app content via Roku.  I tried resetting everything back to factory settings and it didn’t help.  

Same

0 Kudos
wbepling

Jump to solution

Roku TV C103X

TCL model 65S425

Just noticed the horizontal line across the top of the TV this evening on Netflix, Hulu.  The TV has the latest software installed.  What can I do to get ride of the pixelated line.  The TV is about 5 months old.

0 Kudos
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@wbepling wrote:

Roku TV C103X

TCL model 65S425

Just noticed the horizontal line across the top of the TV this evening on Netflix, Hulu.  The TV has the latest software installed.  What can I do to get ride of the pixelated line.  The TV is about 5 months old.

right now you can unplug/replug the tv which will get rid of it for about a week.. or do a hard reset via system settings/power/restart tv .. this seems to fix the issue for about a week on average for most people before it returns. 

0 Kudos
MightyHandy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Made it a full 2 weeks since my last reset.  Issue came back again tonight while watching Netflix.  It hit right when 1 streaming episode of the “The last kingdom“ ended and the next one began. So, it does suggest that it happens when a new show begins streaming... not mid stream.  Other folks noticed that it happened when a commercial ended or began.  It’s like some memory buffer never gets fully wiped.

0 Kudos
Kylerkominos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I bought the 58” hisense about 3 weeks ago and have the same horizontal line at the top of the screen while using Roku apps. I need to know if this is going to be fixed with a software update or if I need to return my tv and get a different brand.

snl07
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Kylerkominos wrote:

I bought the 58” hisense about 3 weeks ago and have the same horizontal line at the top of the screen while using Roku apps. I need to know if this is going to be fixed with a software update or if I need to return my tv and get a different brand.

Seconded. At over three months with no semblance of a real fix, can we just have refunds and get something else that just works?

SlothAreGood
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Here is all the info you requested for the horizontal bar that is stuck only on streaming apps...

Roku TV - C124X
TCL Model - 50S421

The line appears once the program or video has started not during selection in the app.  Line appears mid way through loading screen or advertisement before the content begins. Line retains the color of screen originated on.

The line shows up during any APP based content. HBO, Disney+, Hulu, Youtube, Netflix, ETC..... No issues when using external streaming products or cable connections. 

Picture Mode - Normal
Brightness - Normal
Picture Size - Auto

Please fix asap as some of us have been using a faulty product that we paid full price for and are unable to exchange or replace during this time. 

Thanks. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and information that you have provided.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing. Please be aware that we have identified the issue and expect a fix in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

thank you!  i hope it's a near future update. regardless I and we appreciate the acknowledgment and effort to finally get this resolved! 

Kylerkominos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response Danny! I hope it is soon. I currently have the option of returning my TV and getting a different one, but I am choosing to trust that there will be an update that fixes it in the near future.