Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokhunaMahtata
Reel Rookie

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

I am encountering this issue again, this morning. I was enjoying my Roku TV last night, I wake up to watch The Matrix, and I cannot see my picture, no matter the app, refresh, checked for SW updates, etc., self-serve solution efforts. Please do not ruin my family's Christmas TV enjoyment like you have ruined my Matrix morning plans.

0 Kudos
orneryonecja
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have had this problem since about 60 some odd days after purchase -- I've found that I have to unplug the stick from the TV wait a couple of seconds and then plug back in the TV - this works for me all the time - I find it irritating and I'm not happy with my ROKU purchase -- if you have a chance to change -- go with the Amazon product it works -- I posted this problem a long time ago and I've reported it to the company and have had no answers other then a post stating that there was an update for the stick 

0 Kudos
hollywoodgirl05
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve been experiencing this issue and have tried everything I can think of to fix it. I rebooted, changed picture settings, reinstalled the apps and while it appears to temporarily fix the issue, the lines keep coming back. I really hope there’s a fix for this soon!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @hollywoodgirl05

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur when streaming content or even on your Roku home screen? Could you please provide us with the model of your device? It can be found in Settings > System > About

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hollywoodgirl05
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a RokuTV C105X, TCL Model 50S425. So far it’s just while streaming content and not on the Home Screen. It just started to occur last night so I can’t speak to the other platforms but it’s been happening watching content on Hulu. It’s not constant, just in random scenes but tends to last longer each time the white flickering lines appear. I tried updating everything, reinstalling the app but nothing seems to work. Even adjusting the picture settings only fixes it temporarily. I hope it’s an issue that can be fixed soon. My TV isn’t even 2 years old yet.

0 Kudos
Ungabunga
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Usually in my case unplugging the tv from the power outlet would fox it for a couple of days, but then Roku release a TV update not an app update the got that fix, look into updating your TV to latest Roku version, hope this helps.

0 Kudos
hollywoodgirl05
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I’ve tried unplugging the TV for several minutes, checking for updates (it says it’s up to date), and uninstalling/reinstalling the apps but nothing seems to work. It’s weird though because it’s only happening on one specific season of the show I’m watching on Hulu. I dug out my BluRay copy of the same season and when I watch the episodes on that platform the lines don’t appear. So maybe it’s a Hulu issue? At least with its playback on Roku cuz it plays back fine on my other devices. It’s so frustrating but I’m glad it doesn’t seem to be an indicator that I need a new TV. Hopefully the next updates for the TV and Hulu app resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
Xena2780

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset and the horizontal lines are still there on my streaming apps. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Xena2780

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Please also reply here with a photo of the issue occurring. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos