Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV only plays apps through the left speaker

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community, @Kaseyandkelly.

We understand you are having trouble when streaming with your Hisense Roku TV. Have you tried contacting Westinghouse support yet to inquire further?

We'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer offers direct support for their Roku OS products.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here:
Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AdmiralJaden
Reel Rookie

Yeah that was highlighted, I assume, by the person who replied, as it was highlighted immediately.

No way is this a hardware issue. With as many reports as this thread is getting, all with the same time frame, and the same problem, it has to be firmware related.

Currently, there is no solution that I know of, that's been implemented. I personally have mine hooked up to an external surround system through the headphone jack, as a result of this issue, and I haven't checked if the issue has been solved, as it's a process for me (due to space) to get behind my tv.

AdmiralJaden
Reel Rookie

If this is hardware (I don't believe it for a second) then Hisense owes a lot of people, a lot of money, and a massive recall.

This issue is too specific, in my opinion, to be hardware. We've got the same reports, of the same issue, at the same time, even for brand new tvs. This sounds like a firmware update error to me, especially because there's literally nothing wrong with the speakers in question. The hardware works with menu-related sounds, it has to be software. I don't see how hardware from numerous customers all fail the exact same way, at the same time, without actually having the speaker go bad. It makes zero sense.

I think the next step is to remove internet access to the tv, then factory resetting it so it cannot update, and assuming we can actually use the inputs in that situation, see if the problem is fixed in its default, non-updated state. If it is, it is 100% firmware.

I don't want to have to go through all that to find out, but if it's the only option I have to make a further report, I'll do it.

ChuckF

I have (2) Hisense Roku TV's which recently had the firmware level auto-updated to 14.0 with the last 24 hrs.  Now both TV's only have sound from the left channel.  This is obviously a problem with the recent firmware update.  Fortunately these are only our bedroom tv's which don't get used much and we can wait for a new firmware update to fix the issue.  However, I would not be very happy if this was our primary tv in the family room!

0 Kudos

This happened to my TV at exactly the same time as everyone else in unit forum and I just want to throw my problem into this. I restarted the TV and even did Factory Reset > reset TV audio/picture settings which did not fix it but did eliminate all of my customization. Very not happy with this.

0 Kudos
Nocas671

Hisense Roku TV only plays apps through the left speaker

My tv updated and I didn’t notice until now and then I’ve noticed my audio only plays with left speaker on apps, when I hear effects it’s fine and it plays through both speakers. Fix this immediately please! Or you’ll gain lots of more complaints. This should’ve come to mind already considering all these reports being the same.. this isn’t a joke.. the software update did this

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We appreciate your post to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, especially with the trouble you've encountered on your Hisense Roku TV, which only plays the left speaker while streaming, and for trying to troubleshoot to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you.

In this case, we'll coordinate with the appropriate team for further investigation, determine the cause, and find you the best resolution.

Could you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.