Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeBee
Channel Surfer

Hisense Roku TV appears offline in Google Home

Jump to solution

I have 3 Hisense Roku TVs. At some point, 1 TV appears to be perpetually offline in my Google Home. I compared configurations with the working Roku TV and they are identical. I've tried unlinking and relinking Roku with Google Home, and even doing a complete factory reset of the Roku TV, followed by unlinking/relinking, but still the device appears offline in Google Home: 

Device not responding. Make sure it's on and connected to Wi-Fi.

In the process of all the unlinking and relinking, my 3rd Roku TV is now offline and won't respond either, breaking my Google routines. They all work fine with the Roku remote, both on my phone and with the physical remote. 

What can I do to make it work? 

Hisense model E65R6+

Software version 11.5.0 build 4213-94

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DeBee
Channel Surfer

Re: Hisense Roku appears offline in Google Home

Jump to solution

What worked for me was to change the Roku Wifi to a hotspot I set up temporarily on my phone, then after connecting with that hotspot, I changed the Roku back to my Wifi and voila! A tech suggested it to me; not sure why it worked but it did, and has been working for some time now. Finger crossed it continues to stay online!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DeBee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After working flawlessly for 6 months one Hisense Roku went offline again. This time it didn't work to change WiFi to my Hotspot and back again, but it does seem to work when I reset the network (aka "forget") and reconnect back to it. 🤞

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @DeBee

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What kind of wireless network are you using? What brand and model router are you using?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
DeBee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm using a spectrum WiFi6 less router model SAX1V1R (which my other Hisense Roku TV doesn't have an issue with). I did restart my modem and router in troubleshooting this issue but it didn't help. 

0 Kudos
DeBee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here is a screen shot of the Hisense Roku that works: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JjTVns6xxUB9KZZPA

Here is a screen shot of the two Hisense Roku that appear offline: https://photos.app.goo.gl/s6RWQwRYwRmpymBS9

I've tried restarting the TVs, factory resetting, unlinking and relinking Roku from my google home. What else can I try? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DeBee

Thanks for the follow up.

How far is your Roku TVs that you are experiencing this issue with from the wireless router and Google device?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to continue to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ayemak21

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Same model of router and provider. My TV is upstairs, router is in the living room. Same TV model.

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greeting @Ayemak21

Thank you for reaching out to us for assistance.

To better assist you, please provide us with more details about the issue you are experiencing. What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Have you tried taking a look here on our Support page and following the steps to help get connected?

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
DeBee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What worked for me was to change the Roku Wifi to a hotspot I set up temporarily on my phone, then after connecting with that hotspot, I changed the Roku back to my Wifi and voila! A tech suggested it to me; not sure why it worked but it did, and has been working for some time now. Finger crossed it continues to stay online!

0 Kudos
DeBee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After working flawlessly for 6 months one Hisense Roku went offline again. This time it didn't work to change WiFi to my Hotspot and back again, but it does seem to work when I reset the network (aka "forget") and reconnect back to it. 🤞

0 Kudos
ohpkuser
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What do you mean, "Turning my Roku Wifi into a Hotspot"? How does one turn a Roku device into a hotspot?

0 Kudos