Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evanskl
Reel Rookie

Hisense Roku TV CEC Issues

New Hisense Roku TV isn’t working with Bose TV Speaker.  It is connected by a HDMI to the eARC HDMI port.  When I turn the TV on the speaker gets power, but no sound.  I ave to go settings->system->control other devices (cec) no device is found.  I search, for devices and speaker is there and boom, I have sound until………I turn the set off, then the next time I turn the set on, no sound.  I have to repeat the search.

I've replaced the HDMI cable, I’ve done a factory reset….no help.

HELP!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV CEC Issues

Hi @evanskl,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out, and it seems like you've done the necessary troubleshooting. We'd like to see more on what's going on here.

Please share with us the current OS version of your Roku TV along with the model number of your speaker.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
evanskl
Reel Rookie

Roku OS - 12.5.0 build 4176

Bose TV Speaker - Model 838309-110

Thanks for ANY help!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@evanskl,

Thanks for reporting back to us!

We'll take it from here and forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. You may use the speaker on your TV as a workaround while we look closely into this.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
evanskl
Reel Rookie

Any help on this….still won’t save the CEC device.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @evanskl!

Thanks for getting back to us. As of the moment, we haven't been notified of updates yet. The relevant Roku team is still in the process of reviewing and finding you the best resolution possible.

In the meantime, you can use a different external speaker or utilize the speaker of your TV. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated at the moment.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos