Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwlBeGaming
Reel Rookie

Hisense 65R6E1 Loop screen & usb updater

Jump to solution

I activated the "awake" mode and now my tv is stuck on a start up loop screen. Turns itself on then turns itself off. Holding the reset button did nothing but make the screen go black for a bit but then it resumed the on and off dance. Has anyone been able to get the usb download link. I know this is a firmware issue so I'm trying to get the update onto a usb. I can't get past the roku tv hardware id question, with the tv looping I can't access the settings. 

Emailed Hisense for both support and the firmware update and was told to contact roku. Chatted in with roku and was told to call Hisense. Called Hisense and was told to contact Roku. 

If anyone can provide me with a download link or share the file I'd very much appreciate it. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense 65R6E1 Loop screen & usb updater

Jump to solution

Hi @cmac3303,

Thanks for posting about the trouble you've encountered with your Roku TV to the Roku Community!

The issue you are experiencing may be related to hardware. We recommend contacting your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their Roku OS products.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @OwlBeGaming

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your trouble with your Hisense Roku TV stuck on the start-up loop screen and for some steps you took to resolve it. We apologize for your experience and the inconvenience this may have caused.

Regarding your inquiry about updating your Roku using USB, you can visit our Support article here: How to use a USB to update your unconnected Roku TV system.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OwlBeGaming
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I understand how to use the updater I just can't access the settings because of the TV shutting itself on and off as soon as it's plugged in. I'm needing the download itself or to either bypass the step one questions so I can proceed to the download. Any idea how to do that @RokuJechealR?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, @OwlBeGaming.

Please note that we don't have any way to bypass that process. In that case, we recommend contacting your TV manufacturer for further assistance.

In addition, one possible reason your Roku TV constantly reboots on its own is a problem with the power adapter, cord, or power outlet. Ensure that everything is correctly connected to the back of the TV.

If you have any information about your device, please provide us with these details so we can send them to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation as follows:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cmac3303
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried to replace all of the circuit boards and none of that helped. Now I’m in the same situation, trying to find a firmware download, but Hisense says my serial number is wrong and I can’t access any software issue due to the automatic on and off loop.

0 Kudos
OwlBeGaming
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuJechealR I've already contacted Hisense twice and both times I was redirected back to Roku. The issue isn't with the power cord or the wall outlets either. I'm not using any type of extension cord or surge protector. I've plugged the TV into four different outlets and it powers itself on and off at each of them as soon as it's plugged in. I've attempted to hold down the reset button and the issue still persists. Upon inspection the capacitors aren't swollen either.

The information I can provide from the labels on the tv are MODEL: Hisense 65R6E1 S/N: 65G2024Q5H01095 I've attached photos of the tv labels (there are two) and a gif of what the tv is doing.

IMG_20240817_140852276_HDR.jpgIMG_20240817_140706727_HDR.jpg

S3jvhT.gif

0 Kudos
OwlBeGaming
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yeah, the model doesn't populate on the Hisense website for me either, which is why I reached out to them. The second time I spoke to someone from Hisense they told me that the serial number won't show up on their firmware update site because the updates are provided by Roku. The only thing Hisense provides is the standard power and spec information. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @OwlBeGaming.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation in resolving the issue. 

Please note that we'll pass this along with your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and post an update on this thread once we have any available developments in the investigation.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon, and we value your understanding regarding this matter.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cmac3303
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@OwlBeGaming I found out that my issue was that only half of my LED strips were working. The T-Con board or the main power board (I can’t remember which one) was senses that they were out so the tv would try to reset itself. Unfortunately, however, I cracked the screen in the process of finding that out, so now it’s garbage lol

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cmac3303,

Thanks for posting about the trouble you've encountered with your Roku TV to the Roku Community!

The issue you are experiencing may be related to hardware. We recommend contacting your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their Roku OS products.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.