Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark41

High pitch noise only i seem to hear

Jump to solution

brand new roku phillip tv making a high pitch buzzing sound that only i seem to hear. I asked my parents if they could hear and they said no, so im confused is there a problem with me or the tv

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: High pitch noise only i seem to hear

Jump to solution

Hi @mark41

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer - Philips to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. They'll be the best ones to help regarding your issue.

You can contact them here: Philips Support or call them at 1-866-309-5962.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The older people get the less they can hear high frequencies.  The noise is probably outside of their frequency range.  If it's brand new I would consider returning it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mark41

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer - Philips to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. They'll be the best ones to help regarding your issue.

You can contact them here: Philips Support or call them at 1-866-309-5962.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Joysnow

Jump to solution

I called Philips and they had no idea what to do about this. I found a solution online that worked for me. It suggested turning off the Fast TV start option. Something about a standby power that was making the sound. I found that my fast start was already off so I enabled it and the sound went away and hasn’t come back. To get there you go to your Home Screen for the tv using the remote home button. Scroll down to settings then down to system then power. From there go over to fast tv start and change the setting and see if that helps. 

0 Kudos
Willi1

Jump to solution

Bro i assure you that you are not crazy 😅😅😅 mine is a onn 70 inch roku tv and it makes a buzzing sound when i get it out of standby mode

0 Kudos