Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PunchOut911
Channel Surfer

HiSense is asking me to rollback Roku Software

Hello everyone, 

My Hisense TV is not working as intended, the image flash and we can see it in double.

The TV is less than a year old, I have 6 years of warranty through Costco but first year needs to be serviced by HiSense.

They are telling me to rollback to Roku Version 11.5, it’s currently on version 12.0. They are asking me to contact Roku by phone to have more information on how to proceed?

If I reset the TV, how do I block auto updates so it does not go back to 12.0?

Thanks

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HiSense is asking me to rollback Roku Software

Hi @PunchOut911,

Thanks for posting, and welcome here in the Roku Community!

We would like to know more about this issue to better understand this. Could you please send us an image with the "image flash" you have mentioned? In addition, when did you first notice this issue start to occur? Furthermore, is this display issue happening to a specific channel of generally throughout the Roku platform?

Let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PunchOut911
Channel Surfer

Hello, when you reset the TV so it goes to a previous Roku version, there is no issue but it automatically updates back to 12.0

It is happening on all platforms, Roku Menu or even hdmi inputs.

https://streamable.com/aibkb2

Here is HiSense email : 

Thank you for contacting Hisense Customer Support. 

We have received an update that this issue can be resolved by getting the ROKU software update 11.5 version only , since this tv model is a ROKU TV which, since it runs on ROKU's own software, you would be required to contact them for the update.

You can contact ROKU to confirm the steps required  via  ROKU customer service number 1-816-272-8106.

If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us accordingly via email or our customer service line 1-855-344-7367 Monday-Friday 8am-8pm EST. 

Best regards

Andre 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PunchOut911,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

We're happy to help you with your problem with your Roku TV. We'd like to know more about the issue that you are experiencing. Can you please provide the following information asked by @RokuTakashi so we can assist you further on our end? In the meantime, please try to restart your Roku TV from Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PunchOut911
Channel Surfer

I replied with the answers and a video link of the issues … 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the clarifying, @PunchOut911.

No worries. The appropriate Roku team would be more than willing to sort this out for you, but we need to gather your device's information first. Kindly provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)

We'll be anticipating your response.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PunchOut911
Channel Surfer

Hi here is the information! Thank you

https://pasteboard.co/0T0DVsjc40He.jpg 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the update, @PunchOut911,

Can you please provide the requested information of @RokuCarly In a text comment in this thread?

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PunchOut911
Channel Surfer

Hello, it seems like one of you guys pushed an update or something on the TV? The problem is gone since Friday night.

0 Kudos
PunchOut911
Channel Surfer

Hello, the problem is back, can you push the update to version 11.5 please?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.