Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maggiec78

Hear sound but black screen

I purchased 3 roku onn tv’s, 50” & 2 40”. Out of the 3 one 40”& the 50 both show a black screen but we can hear the sound? How it it possible the 2 out of three are not working? 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hear sound but black screen

Hi @Maggiec78,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black but can still hear the audio, customers have reported that restarting the Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart then unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back in to resolve the issue

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regard,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjhal13
Reel Rookie

how can you do a restart with your remote and go to the settings if you can't see the screen to click on the restart option? We have a RCA Roku, that just stopped working one day when we paused a show to go do something quickly. When we came back the screen was black and the audio was still playing. We have tried the reset on the back, we have unplugged and changed the HDMI cable to it. We also tried tricks that google searches had. Nothing seems to be working. The reset worked once for about 20 minutes then the tv returned to a black screen again with audio. TV is just over a yr old so would like to get the issue resolved so we can continue to use it. Any additional ideas how to restart with remote or how to do an os update if it needs to be done without being able to see the screen

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mjhal13
Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that they have tried unplugging their TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back in resolved their issue. Have you tried that troubleshooting step to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rojo1906
Reel Rookie

Same exact thing happened to me. Was unable to resolve, and Roku/RCA customer support offered no remedy, so I had to buy another TV (of course I went with a different TV brand and OS). Still have RCA TV in storage in case someone ever finds a solution.

0 Kudos
smain1125
Reel Rookie

Look on you tube they have a reset sequence on the remote that will reset the TV.Five homes,one up,one rewind and one forward.

0 Kudos
Rojo1906
Reel Rookie

tried all of the reset options:

* remote sequence that you mentioned

* unplug/re-plug TV for hours

* hard factory reset via button on TV.

No change. Roku image still flashes for split second, then screen goes black.

If fix was found on internet, I tried it (with unsuccessful results).

0 Kudos
mjhal13
Reel Rookie

Did that reset on the remote as well, did not work. We have tried every remedy multiple times and no resolution

0 Kudos