Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hallmark TV App show ends before it is finished

Been having the same problem as well. The first time it happened I thought it was a glitch. I just watched another movie and it did the same thing. Can't finish the end of the movie! This is extremely frustrating. Roku, please fix ASAP!!!

Megan1993
Reel Rookie

Please if you are having this issue send a complaint to TVEcustomers@crownmedia.com ! I’ve sent this information but they will be more likely to provide a faster fix if many people report the issue! This is so annoying and it’s not worth having the app! 

Kwoodard58
Reel Rookie

@Megan1993   Email sent. Thanks for the info. Roku has yet to respond to any of the requests on this and other strings regarding this issue. Curious where you got the email for Hallmark..?

0 Kudos
Megan1993
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
MSzam
Binge Watcher

@Megan1993 I sent email to that same address on the day I first posted this thread and I have heard nothing from Hallmark. I agree that there is strength in numbers and if all of us who have this problem write an email it may improve our chances of action,  but since I didn't even get an automated respsponse from that email address I wonder if that is the correct email for these types of problems. Have you received a response from them?

0 Kudos
xtina12
Reel Rookie

I sent an email. I have not heard back. I just sent a Facebook messenger message and an Instagram message. Let’s see if we can get a response that say. I did them from the hallmark channel https://instagram.com/hallmarkchannel?utm_medium=copy_link

https://m.facebook.com/hallmarkchannel?refsrc=deprecated&_rdr

KRI

Hallmark TV app playback issue

You are supposed to be able to watch movies on Hallmark TV app but when watching on the app the next day after premiere, the movie auto advances at the end before the movie you're watching finishes. It's been two weeks now of this and no help from Hallmark TV. Is there anything on Roku that can be done to fix this issue? I just spoke with someone at Hallmark. It's a Hallmark TV everywhere app issue nothing to do with Roku or on their end. Unfortunately they have no idea when it's going to be fixed or why it's taking so long (this is week two), but they are working on it and it's not just on Roku. It's on other playback devices through their app.

lakat18

December 6th and this is still a thing. Roku fix the Hallmark streaming app.

pgladding
Reel Rookie

Gave up and voted by removing the Roku App for Hallmark.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hallmark TV app playback issue

@KRI 

Unfortunately, the Channel developer (Hallmark) is the one responsible for fixing the app. (they are the "coders" of the app.).  

From other misc. problems throughout the years with Hallmark, they really aren't the quickest to fix things, but with Christmas coming up affecting their holiday programming you would think they would speed this one up.

I saw a few other postings in the Community along the same lines as your posting and these others are also awaiting results. (https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Hallmark-TV-App-show-ends-before-it-is-finished/m-p/744236...).  A lot of times, just make sure to do a Manual System Update occasionally before watching the affected Channel/app in case they released a fix requiring a channel update.  You can either press the * button on your remote and "check for updates" after highlighting channel, or navigate to Settings..System..System Update (This will update Roku OS and your installed Channel simulataneously).

Best I can offer you at this time.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102