Vaio165
Binge Watcher

HDMI-CEC Help Setting up Device

Jump to solution

I don't think my TV supports HDMI-CEC or it's broken. Is HDMI-CEC just a regular HDMI port on the TV or is it a special port that will say HDMI-CEC? Or is it just a setting on the TV in the menu? My TV is a Sharp so does Aquos Link Control have to be on and if so can I use a regular HDMI port or does it's still have to say HDMI-CEC on the port?

Thanks 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Re: HDMI-CEC Help Setting up Device

Jump to solution

Hi @Vaio165
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

HDMI is well known for its ability to deliver audio and video over a single connection from devices like Blu-ray players, game consoles, and Roku streaming players. HDMI also includes a couple of lesser-known features called HDMI-CEC and ARC that use two-way communication over the same connection to simplify how you use and set up your entertainment system.

However, before you can take advantage of these benefits, it is important to check the settings on your TV and make sure the features are enabled. It is not uncommon for them to be disabled by default. Check out this article: How to enable HDMI-CEC and ARC on your TV
which provides more details about HDMI-CEC and ARC and outlines steps to enable the features for several common TV brands.

Let us know how it goes.

Warm regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Vaio165
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

HDMI is well known for its ability to deliver audio and video over a single connection from devices like Blu-ray players, game consoles, and Roku streaming players. HDMI also includes a couple of lesser-known features called HDMI-CEC and ARC that use two-way communication over the same connection to simplify how you use and set up your entertainment system.

However, before you can take advantage of these benefits, it is important to check the settings on your TV and make sure the features are enabled. It is not uncommon for them to be disabled by default. Check out this article: How to enable HDMI-CEC and ARC on your TV
which provides more details about HDMI-CEC and ARC and outlines steps to enable the features for several common TV brands.

Let us know how it goes.

Warm regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
Packfan4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So happy to find this information, after looking and looking on Roku's website and finally looking in the Roku Community.  Never heard of CEC compatibility until tonight, when I started looking at Roku remotes with the voice feature.  I have several Roku devices and would like to try the voice remotes instead of arrowing and scrolling forever - rough on my arthritic thumbs 🙄!  My devices are older, so I can't get any help from Roku Support ... grrrr!  So THANK YOU Roku Community for saving the day 👍!!   (Sorry, but I don't know how to use # to link products or @ to link members or content; I'm too old to understand this stuff 👵!)   From Susan in Wisconsin

0 Kudos