Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leblackstock
Reel Rookie

Guest mode attempting to log into owner's YouTube

I have several airbnbs. All of the tvs are either smart tvs or have roku express. They are all on guest mode and for the most part, they all work correctly.

Seemingly randomly, my smartphone will have a popup asking me if I'd like to "log into my YouTube account on (insert Airbnb Roku TV here)" with my personal account. I'm guessing the guest is accessing YouTube on the Roku under guest mode and it's giving them the option to use MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT???

Please tell me how to stop this annoying notification. Plus, if I accidentally click "accept" on the notification, will they have access to my account and my personal watch history?? This is a major invasion of privacy.

Please tell me how to stop this. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Guest mode attempting to log into owner's YouTube

Hi, @Leblackstock 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern here with us, and we'd be happy to help you in addressing it. For this matter, we'd recommend ensuring that you have successfully logged out to your YouTube account on your Roku devices. You can sign out or remove an account from YouTube on your TV or other devices, regardless of whether you have the device or you’re making changes remotely. Please follow the instructions below:

If you no longer have the device, or would like to sign out remotely. open this link, and you will be redirected to a Google website where you will need to sign in to your YouTube credentials. Select the device that you'd like to sign out of. Select Sign out.

After performing these steps, you should be able to successfully sign out on the YouTube app with your Roku devices. For more information, you can visit Sign out or remove an account from YouTube.

We hope you find this information useful, and feel free to inform us if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Leblackstock
Reel Rookie

Re: Guest mode attempting to log into owner's YouTube

I'm sorry but this is not helpful. I used the link and followed your instructions. None of the Roku devices or TVs are listed under my current devices in my Google/YouTube account. (BTW a phone I haven't used in over 6 months is still on my list so I know it will show unused devices). 

My problem is still the same. 

0 Kudos