Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debrabrownbear
Reel Rookie

Grey screen with brackets on Roku TV

I have the same issue with my JVC Roku TV, so it’s obviously Roku and not the TV manufacturer. I’ve seen other posts from people who have this problem. What is the solution???

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Grey screen white brackets and then flashing full white screen tried fac resetting nothing wo...

Hi @debrabrownbear,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the display issues on your Roku TV. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• When did the issue start?
  • When do you see the display issue on your screen? Is it after turning on your TV, or is it when you're trying to play content?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Is your Roku TV currently powered on and connected directly to a wall outlet or an extension cord?
  • Do you have an antenna, cable, or other device connected to your TV?
  • When and where did you purchase your JVC Roku TV?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
debrabrownbear
Reel Rookie

Re: Grey screen white brackets and then flashing full white screen tried fac resetting nothing wo...

Hello. The issue started a few days ago. 

The screen issue occurs on all apps and channels, immediately after turning on the TV.

The Roku TV is connected directly to the wall, no extension cord. No other connections, no cable box.

Here are photos of the white screen and the gray screen with brackets. The TV flashes between the white screen and the gray screen with brackets.

I understand that this is happening to a lot of Roku TVs with different manufacturers. How do I fix this?

IMG_8488.jpeg

IMG_8486.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @debrabrownbear

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We understand the issue you've encountered, and we're sorry to hear about this. May we ask if you've already performed a factory reset on your Roku TV? If not, we recommend performing it to resolve the issue. Kindly be advised that performing a factory reset will remove all stored personal data relating to your settings, network connections, Roku data, and menu preferences. Once completed, you must repeat the guided setup, reconnecting to the Internet, re-linking your Roku account, and reloading streaming channels.

For more information, kindly follow the steps on How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Keep us posted on how this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.