Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jef846
Binge Watcher

Favorites on TV guide

Jump to solution

What happened to favorite channels?  My TCL  TV guide used to keep track of the channels I most watched on antenna TV and list the top 10 in a separate favorites section

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Favorites

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out, @jef846.

We recommend checking the "Recent channels" feature to limit the list of channels that appear in the Live TV Channel Guide.

Check out this link for more info: How do I find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide? - Roku

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We recommend checking the "Recent channels" feature to limit the list of channels that appear in the Live TV Channel Guide.

Check out this link for more info: How do I find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide? - Roku

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Thanks,

Mary

@RokuMary-F 

The link you provided is not accurate from my experience. I have three (3) TCL Roku TV's that have updated to Roku OS Version 10. The original blog post and your support link posted state that with OS Version 10 there is an option to view ALL CHANNELS, RECENT CHANNELS or FAVORITE CHANNELS. I have not found an option through the menu system or within the LIVE TV GUIDE that allows you to create a list of FAVORITE CHANNELS. There are only two VIEW options in the LIVE TV GUIDE. They are ALL CHANNELS and RECENT CHANNELS. No FAVORITE CHANNELS view is available.

It still baffles me why Roku removed the ability to mark channels as favorites way back in OS Version 6 or 7.  Why would you not allow your customers to create their own FAVORITE CHANNELS list? Why is there a reference to the ability to create FAVORITE CHANNELS in your support post link above and in the blog announcement for OS Version 10, but it doesn't appear to be available? Is this ability to create a list of FAVORITE CHANNELS limited to only select models of Roku TV's?

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
dcaropreso
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And that above “solution” is a joke. The recent channels option never shows antenna TV channels only the streaming TV channels.   So if you hide the streaming TV channels like I do, the recent channels option is completely blank. 

As mentioned, there is still no favorites option like the Roku 10.0 documentation said there would be. And no way to assign individual channels as a favorite. 

Roku please fix. 

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is crazy, like last century crazy, although remotes then had number pads, at least, so you didn't have to scroll through hundreds of channels!  When I first got this Roku TV a few days ago, I was actually excited about using it, however, it's been a nightmare of incredibly funky navigation!  I cannot believe there is no number pad, or way to select favorite channels, so as to avoid scrolling hundreds of others!  What are you thinking Roku? This is like suddenly being back on dial-up internet service.... smh

Romey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have also seen favorites missing. It happened after I downloaded the most recent update that added the recent list. The recents list doesn't save OTA channels only streaming and its not even channels that I have viewed. I dont feel this issue is solved if you look at all of the folks saying the same thing. Is it a decision made or a flawed update? The old way is far better - a favorites list instead of recents that doesnt work as it should.

blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dcaropreso wrote:

As mentioned, there is still no favorites option like the Roku 10.0 documentation said there would be. And no way to assign individual channels as a favorite. 

Roku please fix. 

What is even worse is the latest promos on the Roku TV encouraging you to 'see' what new exciting features are available in Roku OS 10. The first highlighted feature is someone in the LIVE TV guide adding channels to a FAVORITE list that I have still not found on any of my three (3) Roku TV's that are all on the latest Roku OS 10 version.

What's new in Roku OS 10? 

Has anyone else seen this FAVORITE option in the LIVE TV Guide?

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@blade_005 

It just recently updated on my Insignia RokuTV with the Favorites, Recents, and Hide Channels functions now available. (OS 10, build 4209-49).

Discussed it in another thread  https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/OS-10-0-still-didn-t-fix-Live-TV-menu/td-p/684924

Personally, I give this new working feature a thumbs up.  Try doing a manual system update to see if available to you yet. (Settings..System..System Update..Check Now)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Favorites And why is it telling me I'm posting a new topic when I'm not?

Jump to solution

Well, it's now nearly four months, and there's still no system update available to me. This is ridiculous... The most inane remote controls ever, and a favorites feature that doesn't exist for many users, why????

0 Kudos
goebel

Re: Favorites - Marking or saving channels

Jump to solution

Why can;t I mark channels or save them.....  I have to search the whole list every time.  That is worse than the current political system. 

So a bunch of executives were sitting around the board room and decided this was a good idea.