Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Re: FIXED w/ 11.0! - TCL Roku R635 10.5 Update broke Dolby Atmos & eARC/CEC Devices?

Jump to solution

@StevenCee , unfortunately no.  I used a debit card which doesn't give me any kind of protection or extended warranty.  I actually made three mistakes when buying this TV.  1. I bought a TCL.    2. I bought it using a debit card.   3. I didn't buy it from Costco.  Costco includes several years of extended warranty and their own concierge service if you have any problems with it.

As for @Streamer317 , he can't know if his TV works fine or not because the thing he's saying works fine has nothing to do with the issue you and I seem to be having.  

Fortunately what I paid for the TV isn't going to prevent me from eating so it's more just a matter of frustration.  But like I said, I won't go down this road again.  I've been buying TCL products for years and have bought several of their TVs and also their soundbars (which are an even bigger pile of junk....they are so bad that TCL support sent me FIVE before I finally got one that wasn't defective) but this is the end of the road for me with TCL.  I hope the 11.0 update fixes the problem so I'm not stuck with a half-broken pile of junk but even if it does, it's the last TCL product I will buy. 

InigoMontoya
Channel Surfer

Re: FIXED w/ 11.0! - TCL Roku R635 10.5 Update broke Dolby Atmos & eARC/CEC Devices?

Jump to solution

Still waiting on this update. What’s the hold up!?!?

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Really! There's no technological reason why we shouldn't all be able to access the update and either download, or directly install it. When Apple/Windows, or any browser updates their OS, anyone can just download & install it, what's the hang up with this?

0 Kudos
MSBNH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I received it a couple of days ago in New Hampshire, USA.

I was hoping it would solve the 2 second delay in audio starting up every time I fast forward with my Altos 8i soundbar but, alas, it seems to make no difference in that. I’ve been running on optical instead as a workaround.

I know there is another thread, but is anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So after many complaints I finally heard back from TCL.  They are finally offering to refund my purchase price.  My TV is still not updating to 11.0 and TCL says they can't do anything about it and would just prefer to give me a refund.

If 11.0 fixes it I'd rather keep the TV but if they can't get 11.0 to my TV, it's going back and I'm buying a Sony even if it costs me a little more.  

The race is on....what will get here first, the return box or the 11.0 update?

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I hate to say it but the TCL soundbars are even worse than their TVs.  Good luck. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GuitarMan

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously, OS 11.0 is slowly being rolled out to Roku devices. Your patience until your Roku TV receives the OS 11.0 update is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

WHY is OS 11 SLOWLY being rolled out? Is there actually some technological reason for so slow a rollout? Why can't everyone just download it, instead of some of us having to wait months?

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My TV has been broken since January.  You think 5 months with a broken TV is not patient enough?   Come on man!  Are you trolling me?  I know you guys, either Roku and/or TCL are able to specifically target specific TVs or groups of TVs.  You'd think that after waiting for 5 months to get my broken TV fixed you'd want to target my TV or whatever group my TV is in pretty quickly.   Doesn't that make sense? 

Can you at least confirm that the 11.0 update will in fact fix this problem?  I know someone else says it fixed it on their TV but I'd like to hear it directly from Roku.  

InigoMontoya
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Pleased to report that my tv has been updated with OS 11 and Atmos and CEC are now fully functional. At first it still wasn’t working, but after unplugging the power to my sound bar and then plugging it back in to properly reset it, everything started working great. Happy day 🙂

0 Kudos