Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
earnric
Channel Surfer

Re: FIXED w/ 11.0! - TCL Roku R635 10.5 Update broke Dolby Atmos & eARC/CEC Devices?

Jump to solution

We just got update 11.0 and it seems to work on our TCL Roku as well (with the VIZIO soundbar). Now we can move between PS5 and TV without it dropping the connection to the soundbar.

RS

0 Kudos
earnric
Channel Surfer

Re: FIXED w/ 11.0! - TCL Roku R635 10.5 Update broke Dolby Atmos & eARC/CEC Devices?

Jump to solution

I spoke too soon... still having the problem. 

After restarting the TV, the soundbar doesn't work. You have to unplug and re-plug-in the arc HDMI cable to get sound out of the soundbar -- even tho the TV and the sound bar say the arc connection is active (and I can control vol with either the soundbar's or TV's remote).

anyone know of a fix? I can't find one...

RS

0 Kudos
earnric
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The only solution I've found is going to "System" settings and searching for "CEC devices" ... that immediately restores the connection to the sound bar...

So engineers at TCL -- check what that is doing and ensure at startup its initializing the connection to CEC devices correctly.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@earnric

Thanks for the follow up.

It looks like you are using an outdated Roku OS. Have you tried manually checking for the latest OS update build and then seeing if the issue persists?

For more detailed information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
earnric
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply... 

However, my Roku is set to auto-update and I have ver 11.5 Build 4235. Is there something newer? That update was from yesterday (26 Oct '22).

I'll let you know if the problem persists. It seems that the soundbar doesn't work only after I have the system off for an hour or more ... (something of that order). When I turn it back on I have to:

"Search fo CEC devices"

to get the output back to the Vizio soundbar (on ARC). Otherwise, I get NO sound from either the TV or soundbar.

Weird thing is even before I re-search for CEC devices, the TV says it is outputting to the soundbar via ARC... 

Standby for an update tomorrow.

Rick

0 Kudos
ma230598239
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV 10.5.0 eARC no sound after following power ons with Sony AVR

Jump to solution

This issue was eventually fixed with a firmware update last fall.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ma230598239

Thanks for the update. We're glad to hear that the issue is already resolved. Should you have any other concerns, please let us know and we happy to assist you further. 

I'm going to mark this post as solved as reported it resolves the issue but I hope the information above is helpful, and please follow up here if you find any other solution so that others could benefit.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
earnric
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Looks like its working for me.

Firmware: 11.5 4312-30

0 Kudos