Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t3hbutt3rs
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV 10.5.0 eARC no sound after following power ons with Sony AVR

Jump to solution

Costco has a great warranty too, did you get their extended?

And like many others have said, the software is buggy, Netflix and some other apps crashes randomly, WiFi drops for no reason, and they only fix for that is to reboot the TV, and the button is buried in the menus. I love the Roku layout, its quick and easy to use. I didn't care to much for the Google GUI either, and I  consider myself a Google fanatic. I do miss the 4k 120hz on it though!

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I bought this TV from Best Buy because Costco stopped carrying TCL TVs.  After this experience I think I know why.  

I do have two Sonys that I bought from Costco.  They both have Google OS and I actually like it.  

I try to avoid buying stuff from Best Buy because their return period sucks and they don't offer any kind of extended warranty or in-house service like Costco does through their Concierge service but Best Buy had this TCL on sale for a great price so I decided to take a chance.  

Lesson learned.  No more TCLs and no more TVs from Best Buy.  

0 Kudos
InigoMontoya
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I bought the TCL R635 from Best Buy a few weeks ago with an extended 2 year warranty. Not sure why they didn't offer you one. It also helps to have a Best Buy credit card and be an elite plus member as it gives you a 45 day window to return the item. I currently have until March 23rd to return the TV which gives me plenty of time to decide if I'm going to be keeping it or not.

That being said, Roku, TCL, GET ON A FIX

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Best Buy always offers an extended warranty but it costs quite a bit of $$$.  With Costco you get an extended warranty for free.  

0 Kudos
InigoMontoya
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ahhhh. Gotcha. Thats a good deal!

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well, it's official.  TCL has the worst warranty support I've ever encountered.  They sent a tech out to look at my TV and the tech agreed that it was a problem but wasn't able to fix it.  I contacted TCL and they are aware of it but have basically decided that since they don't have a solution, it's now my problem and they aren't going to do anything else about it.   

I let them know the tech couldn't fix it and their reply was "our team would like you to take a picture of your TV's tracker ID and send it to us."  Well, the problem is that I already sent this to them two weeks ago.  They either have horrible record keeping and are not able to keep track of the progression of an ongoing issue, or, they are deliberately stalling by pretending I never sent them the tracker ID in an effort to buy time because they have no way of fixing their broken TV.  At this point they should be offering me a replacement with a different OS or simply a refund.

I replied to their request for the tracker ID with a very polite reminder that I already gave this to them and even gave them the exact date I emailed it to them.  As of tomorrow, it will be 3 days that they have not replied to me.   

Absolutely horrible support from TCL.  As I've said before, all TVs have issues so I've gotten over the "I will never buy from Brand X again because their products have problems..."   All TVs and electronics can have problems.  What sets a company apart is how they handle problems and whether or not they actually abide by the terms of their warranty.  TCL is horrible and as far as I'm concerned their warranties are 100% worthless.   So based on this I can say without hesitation that I will never buy another TCL product again.  Not because their products are any worse than anyone else's but because they have horrible service and do not honor their warranty.  

Hopefully they release a firmware update that fixes my problem sometime in the future but even if they do, the support and communication I've received from them for this issue has been insulting.  Never again. 

0 Kudos
MSBNH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any update on this problem? I think it explains what is happening to me with my 65 inch series 6 and Alto 8i sound bar. I see we have Roku OS 11 coming soon. Do we think it will solve the problem? I’m limping along with optical for the moment…

0 Kudos
InigoMontoya
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I sincerely hope so. My TCL R635 still can’t put out Dolby Atmos. I can’t even get DD+ to work. 

0 Kudos
Warlew

Re: FIXED w/ 11.0! - TCL Roku R635 10.5 Update broke Dolby Atmos & eARC/CEC Devices?

Jump to solution

Thank you for all the updates on this! I have been having the same problem since I got the TV.  Did your update for Roku OS 11 come automatically or did you update manually?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
InigoMontoya
Channel Surfer

Re: FIXED w/ 11.0! - TCL Roku R635 10.5 Update broke Dolby Atmos & eARC/CEC Devices?

Jump to solution

No update for my tcl R635 yet. Patiently waiting. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.