Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 008 TCL 55 inch - maddening!

Cannot solve!!

I had about 20 channels…they started dropping like flies where they’d launch for a moment and then you are sent back to the Home Screen.  I tried updating the channels, and system, and after checking for updates, it would try to install, but, instead, would immediately give an Error 008 message that it cannot.

I have done everything…

- I have bled out the power on the device and all the modem/router

- I have connected to my phone’s hot spot

- I have downloaded the update on to a USB

- I have held the rest button for 20-30 seconds

now, after trying a factory reset, it goes to setting up WiFi, connects, and immediately tries to update, but can’t it just loops to do that over and over.  This is beyond frustrating and TCL and Roku Support have not been able to provide assistance at all…so, can anyone here help?  I see issues with 008 error code for years - nothing has been figured out?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

- John

I am running 10.5, model 55S20 TCL

@RokuDanny-R

@nilesh9 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error 008 TCL 55 inch - maddening!

Hi @JPCullinane,

Thank you for posting here in Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with your Roku TV.

May we know the ESN or DID of your TV?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.