Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skril
Streaming Star

TCL R625 VRR not working correctly on Nvidia card

I have my TCL R625 55" TV hooked up via HDMI to an Nvidia 3070 card on my PC.

I can enable "Gsync" on the Nvidia control panel, and the TV reports "VRR" when I hit the center menu button that brings up the bottom info bar.

The issue is that whenever the frame rate on any application or game drops and stays below 60hz, the TV will drop to the new frame rate/hz for less than a second, then bounce between 60hz and the new frame rate every half to full second. So for instance if I am playing a game that is hitting a steady 53fps, the info panel on the TV will show 60hz, then it will constantly jump to 53hz, then back to 60hz, then back to 53hz every second/half second. The game itself is constantly at 53fps when this is happening.

This results in the game's frame rate being very choppy on the TV.

When I use the same HDMI port on the TV with my Playstation 5 in VRR mode, the TV again reports VRR correctly on the info bar. However, when the game's frame rate drops below 60fps, the TV info bar reports the the new frame rate with no jumping or fluctuation. If a game drops to 53fps, the TV reports a steady 53hz. This also results in the game's frame timing being very smooth unlike the same situation on PC.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.