Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NxtGenCowboy
Channel Surfer

Element 65 - Netflix Hard Crashes the TV -

When attempting to view Netflix on our 65 Element Roku TV, you can browse the app(or play something immediately) the whole TV freezes and restarts....  Rinse and repeat.   I've powered off/on, factory reset, tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app... It happens every time we use it.  How do we go about fixing this?  

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Element 65 - Netflix Hard Crashes the TV -

Hey @NxtGenCowboy

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you checked if the same issue will occur if you'll access a different app? 

Did you restart your Roku TV before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NxtGenCowboy
Channel Surfer

I've already tried that.   As well as a full factory reset, a few times.   The issues persist after these actions.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@NxtGenCowboy

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please also provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
NxtGenCowboy
Channel Surfer

Device model  CD03X

Serial number X00000GXYCKP

Device ID S0APC17XYCKP

Software OS/version 10.5.0:4210

Happens when using Netflix 

Can't get the tracker since the TV hard locks and doesn't accept any input 

Can reproduce everytime using Netflix

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NxtGenCowboy

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a tracker ID either after you are forced to restart your Roku TV or before you try running the Netlfix channel?

In the meantime, I have already passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NxtGenCowboy
Channel Surfer

Tracker id is kp-125-132

Sw ver 10.5.0 build 4210-d4

2022-03-28t21:32:48z

This id is from after Netflix freezes and the TV reboots.   

0 Kudos
NxtGenCowboy
Channel Surfer

Checking back in if there is anyway to fix this.. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NxtGenCowboy

Thanks for the follow up.

If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Netflix channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RajKrish

I have the same issue (same TV)… Netflix freezes the tv and I have tried all the solutions listed here as well.

any solution to this problem?

0 Kudos