Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remark760

Ear shattering commercial volume

Watching Fly Boys where whenever it went to commercial, the volume spiked to an ear shattering volume.  When it returned to the movie, volume was at normal range. I ended up muting all the commercials which was a pain.  Isn’t there a law prohibiting this kind of broadcasting of commercials?   When I contacted support, they indicated that it was something I was doing.  I was wanting to simply sit back & watch a movie. I was ok with having commercials but not with being blasted out of chair.  

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ear shattering commercial volume

Hi @Remark760,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community, and we do appreciate you reaching out regarding this.

Could you tell us more about this issue? When did you start seeing the issue occur? Under what channel does this fall, and is its applicability limited to the current content only?

Once we have a clearer grasp of the situation, we'll be able to further investigate it.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bgaineshunter
Reel Rookie

I'm with you! I actually do not watch the ROKU Channel at night because my neighbors complain. 

I can feel you. That's amazing that you are enjoying this device. If you are hunting for essay assignments you can start by visiting the website https://writinguniverse.com/essay-types/evaluation-essays/.This website offers a vast collection of free essay examples related to soccer. You can use these examples as a reference or source of inspiration for your own college assignments.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RonaldSalmon, @bgaineshunter,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!
What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV; specify TV) Can you please provide the information that @RokuERey asked above? With more details, we will be able to assist you further.

We'll be waiting for your response.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MFITrader

I am having similar issues with the commercial volumes especially the ‘phone game’ commercials 

I am watching Roku movies and other channels 

I am using the Roku Stick 4K

Other commercials are fine but those phone game commercials are so loud

bgaineshunter
Reel Rookie

Yeah. Roku needs to do something about the volume of its commercials. It keeps me from watching the Roku Channel at night. I live alone and, therefore, cannot use headphones, so...

Olddat
Reel Rookie

I'm not sure what the problem is but last week I sent a message to CS and for a few days the volume on any channel regarding MAERSK was decent and today it went back to it's ear splitting level. I tried to use my remote to my Roku Ultra LT to try and level the sound but I couldn't find any setting for it. It would be nice if the problem went away because I don't want to file a complaint with the FCC under the CALM Act for different reasons.

Can someone assist me??

C Mk

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Olddat,

Thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and we'd like to learn more about this. If you haven't tried using the volume leveling settings, try it to see if that helps. To turn on automatic volume leveling, start playing whatever you want to watch. Hitting the star icon will bring up in-movie settings. Click on Sound Settings and hit Volume Leveling.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Olddat
Reel Rookie

Hello,

My sound leveling is turned on but since then I have had three more commercials from MAERSK and one was normal and the other two were extremally loud. I'm figuring that it is the commercial that is the issue.

C Mk

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.