Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TAG
Reel Rookie

Re: Does Anyone Know About the HBO Max/Max Changeover on Roku?

I have the Roku stick in my bedroom and I did a system restart in order to get Max. Before I did the restart, it wasn’t working. 

0 Kudos
Austinsus
Channel Surfer

It's a **bleep** show.  HBO Max seamlessly became Max on my ipad.  I was never able to even download the HBO Max app on Roku TV, because it was not supported on my apparently obsolete 3 yo set.  It's a Roku thing, not Max, because overall reports on the world outside of Max is that they are taking care of every little issue immediately.  We have yet to even hear from Roku on this discussion board. 

0 Kudos
Austinsus
Channel Surfer

Re: It's debut day. Where is MAX?

I got into it okay, just could not add the credentials for my existing account from Apple or set up a new account.  Even on a brand new email account, I got the notification that "an account already exists with that email account."   It's maddening.  Heading to buy a Samsung or LG TV tomorrow because I'm so over Roku. 

0 Kudos
CJM277

I CANNOT UPGRADE INSTALL OR SIGN IN

There is no option to upgrade from HBOMAX or an option to Sign in at all anywhere. I click on the old HBO Max app and it takes me to a MAX screen with info only. No option to install, upgrade or sign in. 

I have been able to transition flawlessly on my Samsung Smart TV in the living room and on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra G with ZERO issues. On Roku.... not so much

20230523_212539.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Roku Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that starting today, March 23, 2023, HBO Max will become Max. For more information, check out our post on the Roku Blog here: Introducing Max: The one to watch starting May 23 (roku.com)

If you are having an issue streaming the Max channel, try removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen. Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue.

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try is you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now and seeing if you notice any difference.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.